Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
I swear Slater is Poseidon because everything he says somehow works out in his way haha. And yea it is because that contest is probably the largest revenue generator for surfing in the US. whoever picks it up has big shoes to fill. honestly, based off the interview, it would be interesting if the ASP did. however, its in CA at one of the largest surf brand home bases so i think somebody will. I hope Volcom does. Everything that Volcom has been doing lately has been working really well
nobody will ever accomplish what slater did.11 world titles,bet this year is his 12th..hes a superfreak.it doesnt matter how good u surf,its all about the paddle battle.guys like dane reynolds,jj florence,jeremy flores,the surf great but suck in competitions.thats why i dont watch them no more.fuk comps..freesurfing is where its at!!dont get me wrong,if i could make a living doing what i love i would,and i think thats how most kids on here think..but in reality,theres thousands of great up and coming surfers and thats why u wont make it.unless u surf everyday,and im not talkin surfing ****ty jersey waves,or the few days it gets epic,if u surf indo one week,next week your in mexico chasing swells,week 3 your surfing 20ft chopes,then u stand a little chance.but surfing the east coast everyday wont get u anywhere.i surf for fun so i dont care..read kelly slaters book pipe dreams and u will understand why he is the messiah of surfing...................