LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I suggest not flying into costa unless you actually plan on spending some time there.
    You'll waste a complete day getting up to Nica and another day getting back to Costa to fly out.
    I'm really surprised that its cheaper to fly into liberia than managua. Maybe try flying out of somewhere different in the US? I had decent prices to managua out of Newark NJ

Fly into Managua - same price as flying into Liberia. Tons of waves in Nica - Santana's, Rosada, Colorado's, Popoyo, Astillero, Playgrounds (need a boat - no access from beach). Stay near/in Tola, and have your choice of breaks, most within walking distance.

Hey, thanks for all the help its appreciated! I think hacienda iguana is a good spot to go with a lot of diverse waves to choose from, being that I'm going with some goofy footers and some regular. I'm going to look into crossing the boarder more but it seems like it might not be worth it. Board suggestions? Would a typical shortboard be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by NJsurfgrom1 View Post
    Hey, thanks for all the help its appreciated! I think hacienda iguana is a good spot to go with a lot of diverse waves to choose from, being that I'm going with some goofy footers and some regular. I'm going to look into crossing the boarder more but it seems like it might not be worth it. Board suggestions? Would a typical shortboard be ok?
    more than OK. if you have a step up bring it. Pangas is a funny wave. had a better time with my quad egg than anything else.

Is it a weak wave? I'm looking for some barrels and a solid point break

Quote Originally Posted by NJsurfgrom1 View Post
    Is it a weak wave? I'm looking for some barrels and a solid point break
    Not at all. Big pacific juice. Fast speedy and a long ride on the right.

Bring money for the policia corruption bite on your drive from MGA to Iguana. Keep your main money well out of sight or you'll pay a lot more if they glimpse your wallet. If you're carrying boards on the roof, figure on getting stopped for bogus 'driving violations' at least x2 maybe x3. And the same going back to MGA. Don't know what the going rate is this time of year, but figure on $ 20 to $ 60 every stop. If you yap about it to them, they have no problem tossing you in jail.

I was one of the original owners in the condo bldg at Iguana. Dumped it & never looked back.

Nicaragua would be sweet! Want to go there myself one day. I found these guys while messing around on Twitter. They have a whole bunch of places for surfers all over the world. Here is a Nicaragua surf camp they have which you might like. Check it out!