LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reviews on the CI Dumpster Diver?

Does anybody have one? & what are the pro's and con's to it?

Really thin glass job...

Quote Originally Posted by jcyr2 View Post
    Really thin glass job...
    well yeah, but like how does it preform.

Great board waist to head high in chop or glass, I've noticed if it gets overhead it tends not to hold as well and bounce a little. This is also because you'll be riding it shorter than your other boards, but overall worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by nokooks View Post
    Great board waist to head high in chop or glass, I've noticed if it gets overhead it tends not to hold as well and bounce a little. This is also because you'll be riding it shorter than your other boards, but overall worth getting.
    im lookin' at a 5'7 , i'm 5'9
    145 pounds

Ive had mine for a little over a year now and its definitely my go to board when the waves are under head high. Rides like a skateboard and is my most maneuverable board in my quiver. I would reccomend one for anyone looking for a small wave board
    Last edited by s.s.shredder; Sep 26, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s.s.shredder View Post
    Ive had mine for a little over a year now and its definitely my go to board when the waves are under head high. Rides like a skateboard and is my most maneuverable board in my quiver. I would reccomend one for anyone looking for a small wave board
    okay, I'm lookin' for one between 5'9-57

go shorter than you think you can...depending on your ability, i'd say go 5'6" or 5'7". be wary of that thin, light glass job, though. i put my foot through the deck of my last dumpster diver.

i got one a couple of summers ago. like some others have said, its good for around thigh high and up to about head high depending on the conditions. ive ridden it in bigger surf easily up to head+, but if you start getting into some late steep drops or get some good hollow barrels it tends to nose dive it a lot more off of the drop b/c the lack of rocker throughout the board. i think its definitely a board to have in the quiver if you like the feel of a shortboard and dont want to get too fishy in the smaller stuff. but if you are surfing weak musy small surf, it wont perform. but then again not many boards perform in that kinda stuff unless you have a longboard or maybe a minisimmons

get a neckbeard. faster and holds better in head high+ surf