LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ward Stories

Hybrid View

Ward Stories

For those that are fans of ...Lost and Chris Ward (and for those that aren't) there was an interesting series of vids posted on Vimeo 3 weeks ago. Here are a couple:

Last edited by rightcoast; Sep 26, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Images
    "your chic is also his chic"......classic. The vids are sick. Wardo still has it. A worthy post for a change, and no replies? What, no condescending tough talk or utter stupidity so no replies? Those of you who thought this summer on EC was good, should watch these vids to discover what good surfing on good waves actually looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "your chic is also his chic"......classic. The vids are sick. Wardo still has it. A worthy post for a change, and no replies? What, no condescending tough talk or utter stupidity so no replies? Those of you who thought this summer on EC was good, should watch these vids to discover what good surfing on good waves actually looks like.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised at the lack of comments on this post. I guess Wardo dropping in on the Wolf Pack at Pipeline and getting slapped around on the beach is less interesting than Kelly Slater talking about sunscreen.
    Last edited by rightcoast; Sep 27, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rightcoast View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised at the lack of comments on this post. I guess Wardo dropping in on the Wolf Pack at Pipeline and getting slapped around on the beach is less interesting than Kelly Slater talking about sunscreen.
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.
    I concur....

Images
    Chris ward just won Padang Padang. That sounds more like maximizing potential rather than squandering it. The dude STILL totally charges and would easily humble any one of you if you were sitting in the channel watching him get a good one. I know Wardo isnít perfect in life and neither am I, so thatís something we have in common. Iím not a big fan of hating on people that arenít perfect, because life is a mother f*cker and we donít get to pick the cards weíre dealt. I give Wardo full props for STILL surfing proper. Who gives a f*ck if heís not doing the tour. Getting good waves/rides has nothing to do with being on or getting on tour. Itís about getting stoked. It sounds like you two are saying; if you rip, you have to compete in contests all your life to prevent the squandering of your existence. I must be misinterpreting your statement cuz that sh*t donít sound right.
    Besides, Wardo is a total character. How could you not be amused by any Wardo stories?
    On a side note; Slater is an awesome representative for our sport without a doubt.

I disagree. Do you think Jim Morrison is less interesting than Mariah Carey because he squandered his potential drinking himself to death?

I disagree. Do you think Jim Morrison is less interesting than Mariah Carey because he squandered his potential drinking himself to death?
    ........yes

Morrison was a poet Mariah is a singer. I'll take Morrison any day.

Do you know the warm progress under the stars?
    Do you know we exist?
    Have you forgotten the keys to the Kingdom?
    Have you been borne yet & are you alive?
    Let's reinvent the gods, all the myths of the ages
    Celebrate symbols from deep elder forests
    [Have you forgotten the lessons of the ancient war]
    We need great golden copulations
    The fathers are cackling in trees of the forest
    Our mother is dead in the sea
    Do you know we are being led to slaughters by placid admirals
    & that fat slow generals are getting obscene on young blood
    Do you know we are ruled by T.V.
    The moon is a dry blood beast
    Guerilla bands are rolling numbers in the next block of green vine
    Amassing for warfare on innocent herdsmen who are just dying
    O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art & perfect our lives