LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ward Stories

  1. #1

    Ward Stories

    For those that are fans of ...Lost and Chris Ward (and for those that aren't) there was an interesting series of vids posted on Vimeo 3 weeks ago. Here are a couple:

    Last edited by rightcoast; Sep 26, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,037
    Images
    1
    "your chic is also his chic"......classic. The vids are sick. Wardo still has it. A worthy post for a change, and no replies? What, no condescending tough talk or utter stupidity so no replies? Those of you who thought this summer on EC was good, should watch these vids to discover what good surfing on good waves actually looks like.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "your chic is also his chic"......classic. The vids are sick. Wardo still has it. A worthy post for a change, and no replies? What, no condescending tough talk or utter stupidity so no replies? Those of you who thought this summer on EC was good, should watch these vids to discover what good surfing on good waves actually looks like.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised at the lack of comments on this post. I guess Wardo dropping in on the Wolf Pack at Pipeline and getting slapped around on the beach is less interesting than Kelly Slater talking about sunscreen.
    Last edited by rightcoast; Sep 27, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rightcoast View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm really surprised at the lack of comments on this post. I guess Wardo dropping in on the Wolf Pack at Pipeline and getting slapped around on the beach is less interesting than Kelly Slater talking about sunscreen.
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    436
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.
    I concur....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,037
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.
    Chris ward just won Padang Padang. That sounds more like maximizing potential rather than squandering it. The dude STILL totally charges and would easily humble any one of you if you were sitting in the channel watching him get a good one. I know Wardo isnít perfect in life and neither am I, so thatís something we have in common. Iím not a big fan of hating on people that arenít perfect, because life is a mother f*cker and we donít get to pick the cards weíre dealt. I give Wardo full props for STILL surfing proper. Who gives a f*ck if heís not doing the tour. Getting good waves/rides has nothing to do with being on or getting on tour. Itís about getting stoked. It sounds like you two are saying; if you rip, you have to compete in contests all your life to prevent the squandering of your existence. I must be misinterpreting your statement cuz that sh*t donít sound right.
    Besides, Wardo is a total character. How could you not be amused by any Wardo stories?
    On a side note; Slater is an awesome representative for our sport without a doubt.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    Someone who maximized their potential is far more interesting than someone who squandered it.
    I disagree. Do you think Jim Morrison is less interesting than Mariah Carey because he squandered his potential drinking himself to death?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by rightcoast View Post
    I disagree. Do you think Jim Morrison is less interesting than Mariah Carey because he squandered his potential drinking himself to death?
    ........yes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    978
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "your chic is also his chic"......classic. The vids are sick. Wardo still has it. A worthy post for a change, and no replies? What, no condescending tough talk or utter stupidity so no replies? Those of you who thought this summer on EC was good, should watch these vids to discover what good surfing on good waves actually looks like.
    no, in fact, the vids are fun to watch, absolutely. not even because of the surfing, just very enjoyable, well-edited stories. far better than many, both in style and content. imho.