LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=cheese;141345]if you don't like it, dont buy it. nobody is forcing you to. this is a free country
    /QUOTE]

hey man, just trying to educate people to safer effective alternatives to chemical based products. i'm not telling anyone what to do.

must have been a huge tinfoil hat sale recently.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    must have been a huge tinfoil hat sale recently.

I was just thinking I should have bought some stock in Reynold's Wrap and Alcoa.

Images
    I often refer to Dr Andrew Weil, with regards to a lot of stuff like this.

This is what he has to say on chemicals in Sun Block:
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA282453

If you read the article, Dr Weil doesn't seem too concerned about the chemicals.
    But there are choices out there and personally I don't mind spending a bit more for a more natural product.

These stem from a study of rats in Switzerland published in the March 2001 issue of Environmental Health Perspectives, but even the author of the study has said that no conclusions about the risk of cancer can be drawn from her findings to date.
    take a study and twist its conclusions to serve some sort of agenda=junk science

Archy..."you are full of sh!t."

Mr. Swellinfo: You are a scientist and I have always respected what you do/done. I like to educate myself on all different types of health related stuff and I practive what I preach. There is ZERO research that show sunscreen causes cancer and yet, there is 50 years of proof that sunscreen does protect the skin from harmful UV rays.

I have not conducted my own study, but the proof is in the pooding; ***don't use sunscreen, you will have an adverse outcome***

And as for quicksilver; I don't buy it, but, made in Asia or not-QUICKSILVER IS EMPLOYING MORE PEOPLE IN AMERICA then many other surfbrands. I would rather shop at old navy and I prefer no logo's on my clothes. My point is that we are better off with quicksilver then without. I will not quote on the working condition or the age of the people making clothes for quick, but I can promise you that they are not children and they are getting paid more then what you think is relative income to their society.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Archy..."you are full of sh!t."

Mr. Swellinfo: You are a scientist and I have always respected what you do/done. I like to educate myself on all different types of health related stuff and I practive what I preach. There is ZERO research that show sunscreen causes cancer and yet, there is 50 years of proof that sunscreen does protect the skin from harmful UV rays.

I have not conducted my own study, but the proof is in the pooding; ***don't use sunscreen, you will have an adverse outcome***

And as for quicksilver; I don't buy it, but, made in Asia or not-QUICKSILVER IS EMPLOYING MORE PEOPLE IN AMERICA then many other surfbrands. I would rather shop at old navy and I prefer no logo's on my clothes. My point is that we are better off with quicksilver then without. I will not quote on the working condition or the age of the people making clothes for quick, but I can promise you that they are not children and they are getting paid more then what you think is relative income to their society.
    the pooding?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post

If you read the article, Dr Weil doesn't seem too concerned about the chemicals.
    But there are choices out there and personally I don't mind spending a bit more for a more natural product.
    I concur..........Good article with proven fact.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post

Dr. Weil is the man, has a lot of interesting things to say about a lot of stuff...I know that was super vague, but the guy talks about everything from sunblock to psilocybin.

Good thread... I appreciate your concern, however, If I want advise on sun block / skin cancer, i'll ask a dermo, if I want advise on improving my surfing, I'll ask Slater, nuff said.