LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57
  1. #31
    so which brands are ok for you? currently i use zinka or vertra on my face and wear a t-shirt

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,354
    i pick up whatever is cheapest. since I'm follically-challenged like slater, I use Warpaint on the dome (basically clear zinc oxide)

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    B. What i'm typing on was made in this country. Seattle in fact. pugentsystems.com
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    sorry your wrong. I myself used to fly. Started at age 13 with the Air Force Auxillary the Civil Air Patrol.. that dose not make me or you an authority on the chem trail controversy. but the evidence is out there. Bill Gates, Monsanto, etc. There are US patents for the stuff. Do the research. and yes, i am one of those cats who does not trust what the government tells me. tell me why then the US does not require the labeling of foods containing GMOs. Many coutries are required by law to label their foods containing GMOs. some have even banned GMO food crops altogether. I don't think over 50 countries would do something like that because of some conspiracy theory.
    Wait, I see the light! Bill Gates and Monsanto are seeding the air with Genetically Modified Organisms!!! I mean thatís what youíre saying right? That was the link in your argument. That because the FDA and the USDA donít label foods that contain GMOs as such, that the government must be seeding the air with harmful chemicals using civilian and military aircraft. That makes perfect sense. Now that I am enlightened, I see that contrails couldnít be naturally occurring vapor trails caused by changes in air pressure generated by air flowing over an aircraftís wing. Your ideas intrigue me, do you happen to have a newsletter I could subscribe too?

    Those Pungent System pooters looks smokiní, made in the U.S.A. you say, wowsa!?! They got them LED lights like the low rider cars and theyíre water cooled, do they come turbo-charged? I used to have an Integra GSR looked the same way only with less chrome, back Ďfore street raciní copped ya a felony out here. The Intel 22nm Ivybridge chipset that I dropped onto my ASUS motherboard (I assemble, not build, my own desktops) was built in Dalian, China. Wonder where these boys get all them fine American made components that you speak of? I looked at their website, looked like just the normal, run of the mill sh!1 that I buy at Fryís (Made in Chinwa) only with a nice, healthy American made mark up. Iíd be willing to shell out some dough for that American made keyboard youíre typing on. Only one I saw on their website was a MicroSoft brand, I got one of them, the 4000 ergo (carpal). Bottom of mine says, you guessed it, Fabriquť au Chine.

    Archy, I donít wear my tin-foil hat because Iím afraid of the gubbermint zappin me with mind-alteriní laser beams or using my dental fillings to broadcast their illuminati agender; they have the public school system and mandatory vaccinations for that. Iím safe in my lead-lined bunker with my 870 and my dog Beau. You havenít been vaccinated Archy, have you, youíre not, One of Them? No, I wear it cause I think itís snappy and if I ever went outside, it would let people know that I care about my appearance and want to look sharp. Also, it offers so many options, base-ball hat, pith helmet, beret, yarmulke, Admiral Nelson tri-foil. Yes, a tin foil hat is the perfect fall accessory for the discerning and fashion conscious surfer worried about harmful Chemtrails and UV rays. Billabong is offering a fine one for only 79.99$, made by the hard working people of Viet-Nam.

    You know what causes cancer, surfing on the West Coast. I ainít too worried about my choice in sun block. The maquilladoras in Tijuana (thanks Slick Willie) have really been kind to the IB surfing community as have the ship yards and manufacturing facilities lining the bay of our fair city. After a 125 years of people using it as their industrial sewer, I wonít dip my big toe in that soup. When I see people fishing the bay, I shudder. I wonít eat those Pismo clams F.I.L. digs up from the Southside of the IB pier, either. I donít care how clean Coaste Salvaje says the water is this week. Last week it was brown mackerel. Look at cancer cluster rates amongst surfers at certain breaks like around Loma Alta Marsh/Creek up in OSlime. Also, seriously, if you surf go get vaccinated for tetanus and Hep A. I know what cards Iím drawiní every time I paddle out and the deck is stacked against me. I still paddle out just about every day.

    Archy, you keep flyiní that freak flag high, I find your posts highly entertaining. Stay away from the tap water though, the fluoride is disintegrating your bones.

    Now I have to get that damn Sugar, Sugar song out of my melon again. Reverend Horton Heat, I beg you padre, please drive this lame tune from out ma skull with your Galaxy 500, I donít care if itís not mint. I just need me a PsychoBillyFreakOut.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    437
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    so which brands are ok for you? currently i use zinka or vertra on my face and wear a t-shirt
    Neutrogena ultrasheer, nice and non-greasy. Maybe Headhunter for my face if I'm logging serious outdoor/water time.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    703
    [QUOTE=zaGaffer;141421]Wait, I see the light! Bill Gates and Monsanto are seeding the air with Genetically Modified Organisms!!! I mean that’s what you’re saying right? That was the link in your argument. That because the FDA and the USDA don’t label foods that contain GMOs as such, that the government must be seeding the air with harmful chemicals using civilian and military aircraft. That makes perfect sense. Now that I am enlightened, I see that contrails couldn’t be naturally occurring vapor trails caused by changes in air pressure generated by air flowing over an aircraft’s wing. Your ideas intrigue me, do you happen to have a newsletter I could subscribe too?

    Be a hater. The links expose Bill Gates and the validity of chem trails. Bill Gates is also a major share holder in Monsanto. My argument about GMOs correlates to the fact that our governtment in not honest with the public on many issues. GMOs are harmful to our health. So where is the government warning about them. Monsanto is not only the leading GMO company on the planet,but the maker of Agent Orange and other toxic chemicals that serve no purpose for the betterment of human society. They are manufacturing GMO crops resistant to aluminum dioxide, a main ingrediant of chem trails. The connection raises questions. I guess you never question authority, and do just what your told. Your argument about being from a lineage of aviation experts only proves the existance of vapor trails (which I don't deny), but it does not disprove the existance of chem trails. http://www.scribd.com/doc/11353619/O...tent-From-1990.

    We all live by the outcome of our choices, and I try my best to be as responsible and ethical about the choices I make.I lived in Southern Cal back in the late 80's. I chose to leave for a good reason. It's an unsustainable enviornment filled with mostly transplant flakes who only care about themselves. And I left mainly because the ocean is so polluted that you are at risk of many diseases every time you enter it. They call it the a**hole of America for a reason.

    BTW, I never said anything about wearing a tin foil hat.

  6. #36
    archy




    Junior Member


    Join Date: Jul 2012Posts: 21


    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Warning NY surfers!



    [COLOR="#0000FF"]"This is a message to all New York surfers. I am from the Northern beaches of New Jersey, and never been one to hate. But I heard from several people that went to Lido and Long Beach for the Leslie swell that they were vibed and told to go home numerous times. We here in Jersey have always been tolerant of you NY guys coming down here during the winter South swells. Well no longer. If your going to come down this way, you are going to get vibed BIG TIME!!! Go to Cape Cod or Deleware or Maryland for the West winds. You are no longer welcome here. Sorry if it wasn't you vibing us. Too bad. A couple of rotten apples spoil the whole barrel. "

    So... What you consider responsible and ethical is threatening an entire state with some BIG TIME vibing?

  7. #37
    agree with zaGaffer: surfed 4 days straight on the west coast couple weeks ago...water was so polluted, ended up with an ear ache and a fin kick wound that got infected and still has puss coming out.

    Vertra may be toxic, but it can't be any worse than the water I was in....btw, it's the longest lasting sunblock I've ever worn as even soap doesn't take it off completely (makes me look like I'm wearing make-up, but it's better than looking like a ghost zombie).

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    archy




    Junior Member


    Join Date: Jul 2012Posts: 21


    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Warning NY surfers!



    [COLOR="#0000FF"]"This is a message to all New York surfers. I am from the Northern beaches of New Jersey, and never been one to hate. But I heard from several people that went to Lido and Long Beach for the Leslie swell that they were vibed and told to go home numerous times. We here in Jersey have always been tolerant of you NY guys coming down here during the winter South swells. Well no longer. If your going to come down this way, you are going to get vibed BIG TIME!!! Go to Cape Cod or Deleware or Maryland for the West winds. You are no longer welcome here. Sorry if it wasn't you vibing us. Too bad. A couple of rotten apples spoil the whole barrel. "

    So... What you consider responsible and ethical is threatening an entire state with some BIG TIME vibing?
    Nah Dude, I was kinda angry when I wrote that. Just a little bummed about the attitudes recieved in your neck of the woods. The lame 'tudes had nothing to do with surfing etiquette, just the presence of Jersey being in your state. Like i said, we never hassled you guys when you came down here, and kinda expected the same up there.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Archy..."you are full of sh!t."

    Mr. Swellinfo: You are a scientist and I have always respected what you do/done. I like to educate myself on all different types of health related stuff and I practive what I preach. There is ZERO research that show sunscreen causes cancer and yet, there is 50 years of proof that sunscreen does protect the skin from harmful UV rays.

    I have not conducted my own study, but the proof is in the pooding; ***don't use sunscreen, you will have an adverse outcome***

    And as for quicksilver; I don't buy it, but, made in Asia or not-QUICKSILVER IS EMPLOYING MORE PEOPLE IN AMERICA then many other surfbrands. I would rather shop at old navy and I prefer no logo's on my clothes. My point is that we are better off with quicksilver then without. I will not quote on the working condition or the age of the people making clothes for quick, but I can promise you that they are not children and they are getting paid more then what you think is relative income to their society.
    WHOA OBlove, wheres the love man. I really don't appreciate your "check yourself wreck yourself, full of sh!t" attitude. It really does'nt make for an intelligent conversation on a topic that affects every surfer. SUNBLOCK

    First off, you don't know me or the choices I make.

    Secondly,Let me make one thing clear. I never said you should not wear sunscreen. So eat you 'POODING'!

    I started this thread to make others aware that there are alternative choices that are safer to them and the enviornment, and to the well being of others.

    I said sunscreens cause cancer. There may not be any medical papers to prove this point, but the active ingrediants in sunscreens, in the form of nano particles,are known DNA and hormone disrupters. What happens when you disrupt your DNA or hormones? You increase your risk of cancer greatly.

    The largest organ of the human body is the skin. So if you want to lather your body up with the nano particle, chem stuff: be my guest. I feel more comfortable with cocnut oil, beeswax, and chalky large particle zinc oxide. It's all natural, and the coconut oil is very good for your skin.

    As far as Quiksilver goes, as of 2010, they had less than 8,000 employees worldwide. That's 8,000 world wide. Not much of a dent on the world economy, let alone the US. There clothing production is subcontracted in China. Meaning the people making the clothes don't work for Quik. They work for a local Chinese company.

    At least we agree on one thing. I wear logo free, non surf manufactered clothes. But you "wrecked yourself cuz you did'nt check yourself"! Old Navy is owned by The Gap. The Gap has been long known to employ child slave labor.

    BTW I'm done with this thread and blogging on this site. To many haters on here that can't have a conversation with open minds.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    agree with zaGaffer: surfed 4 days straight on the west coast couple weeks ago...water was so polluted, ended up with an ear ache and a fin kick wound that got infected and still has puss coming out.

    Vertra may be toxic, but it can't be any worse than the water I was in....btw, it's the longest lasting sunblock I've ever worn as even soap doesn't take it off completely (makes me look like I'm wearing make-up, but it's better than looking like a ghost zombie).

    Heh heh, yup, ain't too clean for the most part, but the waves sure do kick ass. That being said, there are stretches of San Diego coastline that are just fine. My home break is actually really nice. The kelp beds have otters, the rock fish and halibut are tasty and the waves are super. Location, location, location. It's gotta be really hitting for me to head down to IB though. I still do it.