LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I said sunscreens cause cancer. There may not be any medical papers to prove this point, but the active ingrediants in sunscreens, in the form of nano particles,are known DNA and hormone disrupters. What happens when you disrupt your DNA or hormones? You increase your risk of cancer greatly.
    So your OPINION, contrary to ZERO scientific evidence is to be taken as fact? I think your thetans are low.

I know archy's other post about people being vibed "big time" was super gay, but I have to say that many sunscreens may be harmful. The problem is, many people are fooled into thinking that if there is no medical journal report, then it must not be true, instead of using logic and reason. Do we have a test group of humans, some who will use sunscreen and some who won't, who we can keep in a controlled environment with regulated equal sunlight exposure, for a period of 20 yrs? no. even if some did develop cancer would we know the cause? no. We don't even understand cancer well enough yet.
    Did we used to have large trucks that sprayed DDT on our neighborhood streets? yes. my uncle used to run behind them chasing the mist.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Mr. Swellinfo: You are a scientist and I have always respected what you do/done. I like to educate myself on all different types of health related stuff and I practive what I preach. There is ZERO research that show sunscreen causes cancer and yet, there is 50 years of proof that sunscreen does protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
    OB,
    I guess you didn't read my post. I referred people to Dr. Weil's article, which was parallel with your view.
    And, I definitely did not say don't use sunblock...
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Oct 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

I understand that some of you see wearing sunscreen as absolutely necessary because you really want to surf in the sun and can't wear hats or shades. But don't let your desire block out your reason.
    Poor whiteys. I guess sometimes being mexicano isn't so bad.

Did we used to have large trucks that sprayed DDT on our neighborhood streets?
    the funny thing is the banning of DDT actually caused millions of deaths from malaria. Another example of pop science leading to unintended consequences.

PS--logic and reason would use the scientific method to prove or disprove a hypothesis. Screaming the sky is falling based on a theory is irrational.

are u serious? There were a total of 118 deaths due to malaria in the United States between 1979 and 1998 with an average of 5.9 deaths per year. Specific epidemiological data provided by the CDC regarding the 40 deaths that occurred between 1992 and 1998 yielded the following results. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12665001

the banning of DDT forced us to find safer ways to cull the mosquito population.

no one is saying the sky is falling. just trying to find safer ways to protect ourselves from the sun.
    Go out for half an hour a day without sun screen, prepping your skin for sun exposure. Don't stay inside all week and then go out on sunday for 6 hours.

sounds like you are the one who likes to claim the sky is falling

Quote Originally Posted by eastsandbarphil View Post
    are u serious? There were a total of 118 deaths due to malaria in the United States between 1979 and 1998 with an average of 5.9 deaths per year. Specific epidemiological data provided by the CDC regarding the 40 deaths that occurred between 1992 and 1998 yielded the following results. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12665001

the banning of DDT forced us to find safer ways to cull the mosquito population.

no one is saying the sky is falling. just trying to find safer ways to protect ourselves from the sun.
    Go out for half an hour a day without sun screen, prepping your skin for sun exposure. Don't stay inside all week and then go out on sunday for 6 hours.

worldwide poindexter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5350068.stm

South Africa was one country that switched, but it had to return to DDT at the beginning of the decade after mosquitoes developed resistance to the substitute compounds.

"Of the dozen insecticides WHO has approved as safe for house spraying, the most effective is DDT," said Arata Kochi, director of the WHO's Global Malaria Programme.
    LOL, YOU make a baseless statement about sunscreen then say I'm chicken little. nice tactic but ineffective.

Here is a great video from a surfer on making your own sunblock and also how foods you consume play a role in your outer health.

Just a sweet video in general that motivated me to eat a little better and try making my own sunscreen.

Video: Health Nuts Sunburn Basics Vid

I understand the dire situation in south africa has made it necessary to use this chemical. It is the lesser of two evils. You are missing the point. They did not approve it for outdoor spraying. They pretreat the walls and floors of homes. My point was that we in america have learned to keep malaria at bay without the use of a chemical that was at first thought to work wonders and then later found to be killing large populations of wildlife and contaminating soil.