Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,557

    A Cautionary Tale

    To begin with, yes I am a moron. I obligated myself this Saturday, without looking at the surf forecast. Then I carved out two or three hours early to get some, then its off to work I go,hiho hiho.

    I was informed of a si get together (it doesn't matter where or who) it sounds like a blast in some really fun surf with some cool cats. Too far, I'd have to give up the whole day. And I just got a loaner SUV because my Honda CR-V Takata air bag is under recall, so I've got this baby till midsummer for free, and my wife is chomping at the bit for a road trippe.

    So, to summarize, don't obligate yourself without a "get out to surf clausse", and yes, I am a moron. Have a great weekend, ya'll. Peace and waves.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,955
    Didn't the dealer need you to come in on Saturday to discuss some options with your repair?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Didn't the dealer need you to come in on Saturday to discuss some options with your repair?
    Nice! I think I hear a phone ringing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    10,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Didn't the dealer need you to come in on Saturday to discuss some options with your repair?
    Good one!

  5. #5
    Didn't miss much.
    Best of luck next time! And for your info... The moron surf-off is next month.
    See you there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQ View Post
    Didn't miss much.
    Best of luck next time! And for your info... The moron surf-off is next month.
    See you there.
    Um, I think I am busy that day, watching paint dry. HA

  7. #7
    I'm a moron who surfs, how do I enter the surf-off? Is there a Roy Board division?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I'm a moron who surfs, how do I enter the surf-off? Is there a Roy Board division?
    Yes, first place prize is a white helmut and red jumpsuite.

    Last place wins a weekend with Roy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    5,955
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Yes, first place prize is a white helmut and red jumpsuite.

    Last place wins a weekend with Roy.
    Oh hell yeah, I am there!

  10. #10
    I have been inforumed of this event, should be suite. My wife was pissed when I told her last night that I'd be ditching her and the kids to go surf Saturday. "Sorry honey, I can't plan when the waves will be good." -me.