LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

the soft bigotry of low expectations

may as well start out the year expecting nothing. then there's nowhere to go but up.

According to AccuWeather Long Range Forecaster Mark Paquette, "We are confident that an El Niņo is in the early stages of developing and may reach moderate strength moving forward into mid- to late summer of 2014."

While El Niņo will not have an impact on this spring and summer's severe weather, it may come on early enough and strong enough to have impact on the upcoming hurricane season in the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific.

"It is possible that a budding El Niņo and developing wind shear may truncate the number of hurricanes originating from near the west coast of Africa during the middle and latter part of the season," Paquette sai
    as if hurricane season wasn't truncated enough.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...ng-el/24864631

Look on the bright side Hanna, if this forecast comes true we will be getting more of those lower latitude Nor'Easters that tend to funnel more swell into Onslow Bay and the SOBX over fall and winter. The NE has been getting all the love these past two winters... it's our turn!

Unfortunately Central America and Baja may be the only call for surf this summer...

And VeeBee is stuck in the middle. Left out during El Nino and La Nina. Edgar Casey Built his enlightenment Center there for a reason.

Images
    upon further reflection in the cold light of morning, i remind myself that these guys were wrong about everything last year.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    upon further reflection in the cold light of morning, i remind myself that these guys were wrong about everything last year.
    Hanna your right...all the forecasters were saying it was going an El Nino year 2 yrs. ago that never happened. Forecasters forecasted 13 hurricanes last year, never happened. Although I respect a meteorologists and what they do...its still just a forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    And VeeBee is stuck in the middle. Left out during El Nino and La Nina. Edgar Casey Built his enlightenment Center there for a reason.
    "Have another blow for your nose."

Not Casey Jones. I see where your "head" is at.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    thats what i was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Hanna your right...all the forecasters were saying it was going an El Nino year 2 yrs. ago that never happened. Forecasters forecasted 13 hurricanes last year, never happened. Although I respect a meteorologists and what they do...its still just a forecast.

Were you out there today? There were tons of guys out, then not so much later in the morning. 8:00 was semi glassy, some 3-4' and some bigger sets coming through. Some of those guys can really surf-- a pleasure to watch while I was getting killed paddling out

Images
    I didn't go out this morning had prior engagements, went out Friday afternoon, caught some real bombs. It was 4-6' with some slightly bigger sets, had a lot fun.