LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Seen anything cool recently?

I saw some cool stuff this week an she ain't over. Tuesday, I saw some skinny kid on a modern, fiberglass 5 or 6 foot, fish tailed, 1" skegged fin, alaia pull a 720 on the flat face face of a big, ol slow rollin' slab. Looked like hot sh!1_ skimboardin' from back home, only it was on a wave face a foot bigger than the alaia.

This evening, I saw a paddle boarder get barreled. First time I've ever seen that. Small wave, bout 4 footer, barely under the lip, totally tucked in, paddle across the knees, one knee on the board; but hey, if there's water over your head and a hollow behind you, goalazo. I see dude out there all the time, usually evening sesh, rides an 8'6" Hobie performance paddle board, rips it up. Thing weighs less than my log.

Also tonight, I saw one o the biggest damn sea lions, I've ever seen. Thing was as big as a bottlenose almost.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I saw some cool stuff this week an she ain't over. Tuesday, I saw some skinny kid on a modern, fiberglass 5 or 6 foot, fish tailed, 1" skegged fin, alaia pull a 720 on the flat face face of a big, ol slow rollin' slab. Looked like hot sh!1_ skimboardin' from back home, only it was on a wave face a foot bigger than the alaia.

This evening, I saw a paddle boarder get barreled. First time I've ever seen that. Small wave, bout 4 footer, barely under the lip, totally tucked in, paddle across the knees, one knee on the board; but hey, if there's water over your head and a hollow behind you, goalazo. I see dude out there all the time, usually evening sesh, rides an 8'6" Hobie performance paddle board, rips it up. Thing weighs less than my log.

Also tonight, I saw one o the biggest damn sea lions, I've ever seen. Thing was as big as a bottlenose almost.
    Get a life. And stay off the bourbon-and-posting evening routine that you've fallen into.

I've seen this guy with the screen name yankee rip on everybody on a surf forum. Wait... That's the opposite of cool. Sorry man. MMMMM Bourbon....

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Get a life. And stay off the bourbon-and-posting evening routine that you've fallen into.
    Yank, your credibility on this site is forever trashed after the past couple of days. Do yourself and everyone on this site a favor, disappear (along with your pal stud)

Images
    i surfed out in washington this summer and i had seals following me around poking there heads up and barking at me. plus there was 20,000 birds out just flapping so loud it sounded like a wave coming but it was just them diving and looking for fish.

I saw a two little kids sharing rides on a longboard a week or so ago. One would hang out on a pretty big rock thats exposed even on the high tide, and the other would catch a ride. They were hooting and hollering at each other and just trading waves, and the board. Pure stoke for those little groms. When the kid who just got the ride was paddling back out, the kid on the rock would cannon-ball off.
    "All that is sacred / comes from youth" E. Vedder

Watched this local father & son pair furiuoly paddling towards each other at the same narrow peak and was sure it was dings in the making. Dad went left and son went right at the last second and each got a great ride. Cool and in sync.

Last week, I paddled out in straight glass. When I made it past the breakers, I noticed a shadow under the water. Thinking it was a shark, I laid back down on my board and prepared to head back to shore. Next thing I know, a loggerhead turtle is looking right at me. This was the first time I have ever seen a loggerhead in the wild, during a session. For those in CB, there is a loggerhead that hangs out by Harbor Masters - definitely worth checking out; although, it is a totally different experience sharing liquid with one.

I saw a whale at Rockaway beach NY last Sunday during the evening session also during the Leslie there were dolphins out there

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Yank, your credibility on this site is forever trashed after the past couple of days. Do yourself and everyone on this site a favor, disappear (along with your pal stud)
    The Trashed Credibility Club?
    If so, snffr, it's a big club with a lotta people from this 'forum' on it.