LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Saw it snow 40 inches in 24 hours. Weather service said between 11PM and midnight it was snowing at a rate of 6 inches per hour. My golden almost drowned in it. Back is sore this am....

Images
    Was checkin the surf when a river otter runs right by me headed up the beach.

Bikinis an the lovely ladies fillin 'em on the beach in February.

Thank you gals.

Stay classy San Diego.

Came across this video online that accurately shows the 2 minute 20 second delay between the meteorite shooting overhead and the sonic boom that was heard on the ground in Chelyabinsk, Russia. This delay scared the living heck out of people wandering outside to get a glimpse of the smoke trail.

Go to minute 4:35 on the video link below. The meteor passes over at minute 4:41. The sonic boom is at 7:01, followed by several smaller, popping explosion sounds. There is nothing but silence inbetween the light and the blast, but don't worry, turn your speaker up to get the full effect!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6Pa...ature=youtu.be

The reason why it was captured so well on video is that many drivers carry onboard dashcams as a way to verify their claims in court with aggressive drivers, accidents, etc. Apparently driving in Russia is much worse than here. Maybe they need to visit NJ and go for a spin around the Asbury Park Circle?

I saw weather this morning. HAIL. In San Diego! There was pea sized hail on the road, I was all like OMG, then I started swerving my vehicle across lanes of traffic and slamming on my breaks randomly. I had to stop texting for a second and take a picture. Luckily, every other driver on the road was apparently doing the same thing.

Oddly the picture came out like this:
    PCH_101.jpg

Waves looked bad this morning : C

I saw my kick a*s*s bleu hair in the mirror....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    Came across this video online that accurately shows the 2 minute 20 second delay between the meteorite shooting overhead and the sonic boom that was heard on the ground in Chelyabinsk, Russia. This delay scared the living heck out of people wandering outside to get a glimpse of the smoke trail.

Go to minute 4:35 on the video link below. The meteor passes over at minute 4:41. The sonic boom is at 7:01, followed by several smaller, popping explosion sounds. There is nothing but silence inbetween the light and the blast, but don't worry, turn your speaker up to get the full effect!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6Pa...ature=youtu.be

The reason why it was captured so well on video is that many drivers carry onboard dashcams as a way to verify their claims in court with aggressive drivers, accidents, etc. Apparently driving in Russia is much worse than here. Maybe they need to visit NJ and go for a spin around the Asbury Park Circle?
    the AP circle is a labyrinth for drivers local and umm not so local. the new painted lanes/lines dont really help. holy confusing! although it does enable the police to write tickets like whoa, for illegal lane changes..so be aware.

coolest thing i saw today was the calendar count down one more day until i head to Costa Rica!

did this and then saw it at arctic valley this morning:

IMG_3784.jpg

This morning's dawn patrol, a spinner dolphin popped up right next to me, swam right around me onto the peak, snaked the next set wave (which I'd been waiting a good ten minutes for) and then busted a front flip off the lip and of course, landed it perfectly. I've never seen one bust a flip 5 feet away from face, in the wild. Very cool. Way cheaper than SeaWorld without the moral ambiguity too.