LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybarbour View Post
    I saw a kayaker at my local break last week who had pig hooves instead of feet. No joke, I paddled closer for a better look. Not booties, legit pig feet. One big toe, and the other four webbed together all the way to their ends.
    Sounds like you saw the "Pigman."

images.jpg

Or your local police department invested in an ocean kayak.

Figured I'd get out of the office and get some fresh air. Took a walk and saw some really nice cars. They call it Cruisin' Grand and they do this every Friday from April until September.

SoCal car show, gotta have the obligatory woody, all decal-ed out with with a surfboard or two, backwards of course. Pretty boards, just don't ask when the last time they got wet was.

These are a little more my speed:

More Panteras than I've seen in one place.

Woah, too fast! This thing was something else.

Bet it raced at Le Mans.

That Merc is so sweet.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Aug 3, 2013 at 04:21 AM.

Wonder if this ol Renegade could make it down to Pavones? Saw it and thought, "what's that heap doin' here?"

Then I looked under the hood, you could out run some bandidos; but I'm not sure you'd wanna fill up on leftovers from McDonald's.

More of what made the Beach Boys famous.

I dig these colors.

These two had some of the best paint jobs I saw.

Mirror finish on a lime green paint job! So much sand paper!
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Aug 3, 2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Farqn iPhone

Great shots of some nice cars. Thanks for posting. Reminded me of the good times I had with my sons going to car shows - some in small towns that we happened to catch by coincidence. They would've loved this.

Went down to the beach last night to check the surf and the turtle patrol was digging up a nest that had vacated three days ago. They said they go back and check them after they vacate to see if there are any hatchlings left that couldn't make it out. They found 8 and released them to crawl down to the water. We stayed by them till they made it to be sure that birds, dogs, etc. didn't get them on the way. It was pretty cool to see what a challenge they have just to get to the water. They said that of 1,000 eggs that hatch, only one will come back to that beach and lay eggs.

that Shelby Daytona sure got my blood flowing if you know what i mean...... damnnnn!!

Sorry for the poor picture quality. This was probably 11 or 12 feet long.

last sesh, I saw some dolphins jumping and surfing.

I know, everyone is thinking "dolphins?...I see those all the time", but these were about 15 ft away and jumping straight up, completely out of the water, specifically to get a look at us. I could see their eyes looking right at me...I can't ever take that for granted.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

Sorry for the poor picture quality. This was probably 11 or 12 feet long.
    WOW!!! That thing is Sweet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Wonder if this ol Renegade could make it down to Pavones? Saw it and thought, "what's that heap doin' here?"

Then I looked under the hood, you could out run some bandidos; but I'm not sure you'd wanna fill up on leftovers from McDonald's.

Ahhh, to the untrained eye that may look like a "fast" engine with the big (looks like a Penta) turbo and intercooler plumbing.... But aye, it isn't fast. However, you could probably yank the vault out of a bank with it.

Engine: Cummins 4bt. More than likely sub 160hp but pushing more than 300lb/ft of torque. You can easily put 500,000 miles on one of those engines.

--I really hope the builder had the foresight to scrap the Jeep tranny and put something in there that can handle that kind of torque.