LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Idk what this would be considered but I feel the need to share it..... Yesterday when I was surfing I fell and I got skegged in the thigh and here's the good part, it didn't even go through my skin or put a hole in my wetsuit since it's so thick I guess. All I have is a pretty gnarly bruise that felt like I was bleeding when I got it but thank god I had the wetsuit on because if I didn't it would've been a hospital visit with stitches for me

Images
    Cooper's Hawk flew over me in my back yard this morning so low I could hear her wings flapping.

What is the sound of two wings flapping?

Cool SS. Had two red tail hawks do a fly over so close to my patio door that I thought the first one was a person in my side yard! We had Snow in NC (8 whole inches) so I was home from work and it was very cool to see them; they were gorgeous against the snow. Your story reminded me. Thanks!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Cool SS. Had two red tail hawks do a fly over so close to my patio door that I thought the first one was a person in my side yard! We had Snow in NC (8 whole inches) so I was home from work and it was very cool to see them; they were gorgeous against the snow. Your story reminded me. Thanks!
    Anytime man! Psyched to hear yours too, aren't they friggin awesome? I'm a big fan of birds of prey, and these Coopers are nesting somewhere near my house. Ever since my lobstering days I start my morning w/ some coffee and hand rolled tobacco, so I was out there doing my morning ritual...it was all foggy w/ from the snow melt, and Mrs. Cooper flew through the trees straigh at and over me, so bada$$.

5. Spotted a few deer infront of the PJ seawall at sunset last night. even got a few pictures.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    Spotted a few deer infront of the PJ seawall at sunset last night. even got a few pictures.
    Awesome, I love seeing activity at dawn/dusk...I bet they love that scrubby area on the other side of the road there.

I got a Great Blue Heron around my house that used to snatch my fish until I put up a net and a statue of bigger Heron. Only seen it a handful of times and every time is awesome.

The 2nd time we encountered each other I had ran into the backyard after a run and spooked it, had to be 10 feet from each other, the sound of its wings flapping as it flew away was unbelievable. power and grace . 1st time I seen it standing by the pond I wanted to kill em, got nothing but respect now.

Images
    Dude Great Blue Heron's are awesome birds, definitely gotten startled by them taking off while hiking...they're like pterodactyls(sp?) or something.

a gbh, upon capture, will expectorate.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    a gbh, upon capture, will expectorate.
    Me too, I'm a wild animal. Why you be catching Blue Herons yo? They have big peckers, you could lose an eye!
    Last edited by Doug; Feb 24, 2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: The they