LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Attachment 11718

Osprey with Hammerhead. PFC.

Enjoy the weekend boys.
    Awesome bird, awesome pic! Did you snap that Manisses?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Golly did you see that fin first take off?!
    Yup, back then, I am sure they didn't call it a shove it, but I for sure took note of that specifically when I saw this video. This video hits home to me, because it was filmed on my home wave that I surfed almost every day for 10 years. And to see a video, in 1966 or how these guys were surfing back then, really blew my mind. I mean, guys in the 60s were doing fins first shove its. Puts it all into perspective. Basically, aside from the Aerial movement of late, there is nothing we are doing today that guys 50 YEARS AGO were doing...

Mind blowing. I also enjoyed the crowd shots. Scantily clad girls in bikinis all over the beach. I mean, it literally looks like the summer of 2010 in that video..... So cool...

There were the same guys that all went to Hawaii and blew the doors off of the surfing world.

Attachment 11718

Osprey with Hammerhead. PFC.

Enjoy the weekend boys.
    Giant birds carrying sharks is tough to beat. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Awesome bird, awesome pic! Did you snap that Manisses?
    Wish I did. A friend of mine in Turks did. I shared with him that I was a ornithologist in training (not really, just a bird nerd) so he sends along pics every once in a while. I did see a few snowy owls this year with the population explosion and got a few pics of a belted kingfisher that hung around this whole winter.

Thankfully, no Hammerheads in my waters.

Images

Images
    Wish I did. A friend of mine in Turks did. I shared with him that I was a ornithologist in training (not really, just a bird nerd) so he sends along pics every once in a while. I did see a few snowy owls this year with the population explosion and got a few pics of a belted kingfisher that hung around this whole winter.

Thankfully, no Hammerheads in my waters.
    Nice. Saw a few snowy owls too, have a pair of cooper's hawks that nest within earshot of my house. I'm not as good with marsh birds...I mean I know some herons and such, but not extensive.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nice. Saw a few snowy owls too, have a pair of cooper's hawks that nest within earshot of my house. I'm not as good with marsh birds...I mean I know some herons and such, but not extensive.
    Coopers are so cool. Birds of Prey!
    If you dig it, even slightly, the Sibley guide to birds is worth the purchase.

Images
    Coopers are so cool. Birds of Prey!
    If you dig it, even slightly, the Sibley guide to birds is worth the purchase.
    For sure, don't have it yet but plan to pick it up. My Mom actually just got me the a republication of the original Audubon paintings, w/ and intro from Sibley. Pretty neat b/c the old taxonomic names are in there...noy some taxonmy expert but caught it with the ones I know. Stii need to see a Red-Shouldered Hawk and Northern Goshawk.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    for reals?

Images
    Here is a video of a couple guys trying to carjack someone in a gas station parking lot. It just so happens that the cashier was a MMA fighter. Pretty epic bad guy beat down. The fat guy gets straight laid out while they try to get away.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...amera.cnn.html