LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    saw a bunch of schools from north jerz down south helping with the rebuild of Sandy and cleaning up around , thought it was super nice for the schools to bus kids down and help out

Images
    Big Cooper's Hawk at dusk yesterday, Northern Harrier at a local marsh over the weekend, lots of big Red-Tails.

The title of this thread makes me want to say "on the road today I saw a dead head sticker on a Cadillac" sorry, first thing that came to mind...

A large cluster of tiny beasties settled on my wetsuit yesterday. I had paddled past a rope and buoy. Some looked like tiny amphipods shrimp-like but othere had feathery lines coming out of the head end and a long threadlike body. I took some into the National Seashore office and we couldn't figure them out. The may be a larval state of some invertebrate species. One thing I love about the ocean is there is always something new to see and learn.

Sweet top off. Loved this thread. I take my Golden out at night and sneak into a local golf course with a hole in the fence so she can get a good run off the leash. Saw a fox scampering around with some kind of little creature in its mouth and about five minutes later heard two owls hooting to one another.
    Seldom Seen - I caught a long look at a rough legged hawk while I was getting off my exit for work on I95 of all places. It too was eating something. Looked like a pterodactyl. Thing was massive.

Images
    Went out this afternoon, caught some chest high, fairly decent waves today, anyway, i have never seen so many spinner sharks jumping out of the water and jumping within 150 ft. or closer of us, and im talking 6 ft. or better sharks, it was quite a show, non stop action to say the least.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Seldom Seen - I caught a long look at a rough legged hawk while I was getting off my exit for work on I95 of all places. It too was eating something. Looked like a pterodactyl. Thing was massive.
    That's awesome, I love birds of prey! Watching the Osprey make a comeback around here over the past ten years or so has been great. Eagles too. That's funny about the golf course, we have one near my house that I sneak on to w/ my husky, he loves it. Tons of stuff down there, seen lots of birds, coyote, otter, deer, etc., don't know what it is abouth these golf courses, I'm in a relatively urban area too, not a "city", but right next to one.

Bones Brigade. Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Went out this afternoon, caught some chest high, fairly decent waves today, anyway, i have never seen so many spinner sharks jumping out of the water and jumping within 150 ft. or closer of us, and im talking 6 ft. or better sharks, it was quite a show, non stop action to say the least.
    Same here! A huge glistening spinner shark rocketed out of the water about 25 yards away from my board. Was so beautiful to watch. They must be cruising the Florida coast this month.

i was surfing one day of the summer in jersey and i was on my board waiting in the lineup for a wave, and out of nowhere a fish pops up and start jumping around on my board flapping and then jumps back into the water. It got me freaked out