LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southside!

Southside!

I posted some pictures of Southside that seemed to ruffle some feathers of some loose chickens! Well Dudes, chill out. I have been surfing that place a long time. I have put many years in @ dumps on a sponge and surfboard. Here is the bottom line, when it's on, the rippas will get it! Got it? Area 51? It will be dumps forever! EVERYONE FROM MAINE TO FL knows of dumps.Everyone on the coast who surfs has whatched MIA and knows how it goes. And do you know why they don't come to Southside? Because it blows! Locals love it because it's a little-uncrowded rush of blood close-out. I will get on a sponge and still pull in dk-standup-or prone, and it's still the same rush. But I don't as much because I am over it. I like quality lines and relaxed surfing alot more. I think it is still cool to look down at dumps and see Joel T, Tim T & Brian S pulling in to heeving pits. Chuck W, Still gets deeper and more critical then when he was 25. But, IT IS NOT A SECRET. I posted pictures that have an "edge" of Art. And because I am a practicing Artist, I believe the forum needs some shots that come from different perspectives (artists). That's what I do, show different perspectives in my photos, or my friends Select Shots. So you little kiddies who think I am putting South Side on the map...IT IS ALREADY ON THE MAP, and it's been on the map since the late 70's. Everybody checks it all the time and you know what they say when they get back in there car and drive down the road, "This place blows!" And to those who try to re-name it, ie: THE SHRINE (original) or AREA 51...IT IS STILL DUMPS. Hey Remember the wave Josh Coffield caught at dumps about 10 years ago that went ape? Those were the days! Or the slab that Tim T was bombing and took out a surfer at the knees?
    Last edited by OBlove; Feb 20, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

When I say area 51 it is a inside/outside joke and regardless where we surf, 75% of them time now is not DUMPS. As you just saw, it is not really doing it's thing. I know what the wave is called and I have only surfed there since I moved to DE in 2001 but spent 2 decades on a sponge. I am just there to get along and chill and those with the same attitude have no issue at the wave. I surf and get along with everyone you mentioned in your post and I know your rant was not at me so I am not taking it personal.

oblove

.....hold up...didnt u title your photo to get a rise out of people. your a tool. I surf for fun! why do you do it?

forums tend to limit us all. you can get pissed off, but even then it is just a forum. I start Poop, get some thrown back at me, pick it up and smear it all over. Who cares really?

The idea is, was, that some people do tend to dislike un-needed attention. The way you worded the description, of your picture,...OBlove would lead someone to believe that you are being rude, just to be rude. So you would have to ask, Why? What is your motivation? If I throw Poop, and then someone throws it back at me, I guess I should not be suprised.

For my part, I never got in the water them until 98 or 99, 99 for sure. But I have never taken to the place like others have and who have called it home all these years. but I have started to enjoy it more and more lately, under the right conditions. But I have not lost the fact that I am not "LOCAL" to the place. So I have for the most part tried to respect it and those that go there on the regular. I do have to admit that i have posted pictures with the spot name or markers that tell of its location, And i am very sorry to those few "Locals" that have made it their home over these last ten years, and before. I am just happy that they put up with me and allow me to take pictures and when the conditions are good, get in and score a few myself.

But really, if the spot blows, why would you say "tell all your friends". Something does not make sense, could you maybe explain further, OBlove?

Images
    Im going to have to call you at out brotha...

OBlove, since you abandoned your sponge several years ago, you rarely surf the spot, even when its good. Lets be honest, you tend to go for the more stand-up friendly breaks...

You've surfed the break in every which way, but your style has changed. No dis-respect, but I'm not sure you should be making such radical claims on the territory anymore. There was a time when you wouldnt have done so, so just think about how your perspective was back then.

i have been riding dumps,ss, whatever you want to call it for 20 years now. sponge.
    i talk about it and people scream at me like its some hidden spot no one knows about...for ****s sake ive seen pictures in old surfing mags with pics from it...and also its a state park, open to the public,,,,who cares who knows about it...just let all these random asses come down and get worked i love to see tourists that think they can handle it.....as for your pics steveo they are sick. im trying to get into photograrphy as well and i like your angles and colors very nice

Haha!

Finally this forum is back to life! Next Swell, I am going to woop out a sponge and get some closeouts...just kidding. I like standing up and surfing down the line, but there is times I miss the deep pits! But that is not the point of what I wrote. It's just a joke. Look at the photos as art, not a map to good surf. That is what the joke is. The higher things in life! The reason someone takes pictures and looks at them is because they remind others of the surf or the scene or even the weather and conditions. That is what I get out of it and that is why I said "tell all of your friends." Because I knew you would tell your friends your spot was exposed, when actually a cool photo was just submitted.

Images

Talking

Yo guys just need to chill on this. Let people try it and once they see that they just eat **** all day they won't come back again. I love that you guys think that SS is some hidden spot that no one knows about. Almost everyone knows about it, but still only that small group of locals surf it because no one except for you guys are crazy enough. Don't worry about it getting crowded, it won't you guys are the only guys that got the cahones to surf it so it will never get crowded. PS: I love how you guys act like you're such hardy's, "If you go to SS where going to beat you up". Good job you can beat up a 16 year old who has no bad intentions. Buano. Tu piace grande penne in gli collo. HA

Quiet down retard, Ill just run over you if your ever in my way.

Nobody was going to beat you up but I was going to film us placing you under sand up to your neck as a welcome gift to SS.

We let the wave do all the beatings there. No need for any bodybaorder to lift a hand, the wave takes care of the weak.