LOGIN | REGISTER

Seal sighting - early for this?

Surfing Monmouth County Saturday morning and a seal popped his/her head up. Not unusual, I've seen zillions of em over the years, and more in the last 5 or ten, but mostly in the colder months and the winter, like Dec. to March. I don't remember seeing any when the water is still this warm. Am I wrong or is this unusual?

That is unusual around here... Like you said, they normally don't show til December.... There's been a ton of bait in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    Surfing Monmouth County Saturday morning and a seal popped his/her head up. Not unusual, I've seen zillions of em over the years, and more in the last 5 or ten, but mostly in the colder months and the winter, like Dec. to March. I don't remember seeing any when the water is still this warm. Am I wrong or is this unusual?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

hugeeee bunker and peanut bunker run in monmouth right now. saw some huge schools last night off of deal. probably chasing that.

anyone else notice the incredible bio-diversity in the water this year? i've seen whales, dolphins, seals, hugeee schools of bait, schools of rays. it's been pretty incredible.