LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Its good to get advice on what other people suggest but you have to get what works for you and your conditons. Its not the board holding you back, its you. What I mean is if your not pumping down the line, doing floaters and tight turns, which you should be able to do your not ready yet. I have a 6'10 Orion fun shape I got for my girl that take out when its small that have a blast on.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    A simple square knot or something like this http://www.animatedknots.com/doublef...matedknots.com

Just make sure the loop isn't so long that the extension cord will dig into your rail when you're being drug along by the wave after you've fallen. The rail saver portion of the leash should be what contacts the rail.
    So you mean keep the extension length smaller than the distance from the plug to the rail?

Quote Originally Posted by shablagoo View Post
    So you mean keep the extension length smaller than the distance from the plug to the rail?
    Yes. If not that little piece of rope can slice a nice gash in your rail if you get drug by the whitewater and your leash is wrapped around your tail. Won't happen always but in bigger surf it will happen eventually.

I don't know if this pic will format right on all screens but here ya go

Code:
    ()=======================[||||||||]---0
    leash^_____________railsaver^_____plug^

you want the rail around here^