LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd View Post
    Has circumstance found you this dumpy smelly sh!%hole of a swamp we call Washington D.C? Yeah, me too. And it blows. I have amassed a very small group who shred here, but still I find myself spending ungodly amounts of cash on gas for solo trips when the less motivated are content to battle hipsters in the district. So today's your lucky day, if you shred, are motivated, and love waking up to drive hours for shore pound, send me a message. Would love to set up a solid D.C. Carpool crew.
    If you don't like living in DC, leave. DC is a great city and there are a lot of surfers who enjoy living here and will make the drive surf on a moments notice. With that kind of attitude you have I doubt any of the guys I know would want to spend 3 hours each way in a car with you.

"Never understood this mentality, either you love surfing or you don't. Don't use family as an excuse to NOT drive an hour or two to the beach. Why not bring the family along? Why not try to instill the same stoke in your kids as you have... oh wait.... "

just shut your hole man.

tommyh is one of the few REAL CHARGERS on the Delmarva. Like FReezing Balls well over head FEB/MAR Bomb swells, when most of you turds are far away tucked into your beds at 7am

Of course you would not know this since you Live so fing Far Away, Kook

I can sympathize. I consider myself very lucky to be working and living within a 15 minute drive to the break (some people are luckier). I have been guilty of turning down better job opportunities because it would take me away from the coast. And I'm talking about just the East Coast, with whom I have a love/hate relationship due to the inconsistent crappy waves.

Do what you need to do.

yeah, a 5 year old and a 7 month old don't really lend too well to making day trips considering the 5-6 hour round trip. I used to think the same way, then I moved away from the ocean and opened my eyes. If I hadn't moved I would still have this close minded view as well. I still prefer surfing to anything, but my current reality doesn't permit me to partake as much as I used to or would like.

Seriously, you can smell the Kook through the LCD. >>>>DawnPatrolSUP<<<<< the name says it all, especially when you add in the? 2.5 hour drive to the Beach? What a Joke

born and raised in SD, I took a job that sends me to all corners of the country for extended periods of time. I know how much it sucks to not be able to surf at a moment's notice. I've been doing this job for 18 years, and I'm getting ready to "pull the plug" in 2 years when I'm eligible for my pension. I'm still relatively young, and have purchased beachfront property in the Pacific Northwest as my retirement property.

FWIW, I spent 6 months in DC during the wintertime, and had no issues driving out to OCMD and Outer Banks on my spare days....during the dead of winter, 40 degree water. One of the best times of my life, along with the time I was sent out to Charleston SC and stayed at Folly. Being a Left Coast guy, I was surprised at the quality of surf you guys get out there.

In other words, don't pity yourself....get on it and GO.

Kid Rock, when were you in DC? I remember meeting a guy from California, staying in DC one epic swell in December, I think in 2004 or something. Some of the best barrels I have ever had, including over seas, still have the pictures in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    "Never understood this mentality, either you love surfing or you don't. Don't use family as an excuse to NOT drive an hour or two to the beach. Why not bring the family along? Why not try to instill the same stoke in your kids as you have... oh wait.... "

just shut your hole man.

tommyh is one of the few REAL CHARGERS on the Delmarva. Like FReezing Balls well over head FEB/MAR Bomb swells, when most of you turds are far away tucked into your beds at 7am

Of course you would not know this since you Live so fing Far Away, Kook
    Wow, can I have his autograph? seeing as he's a REAL CHARGER and all. And what does living 2.5hrs away from the E. Coast have to do with being a kook? By that logic your boy here is a REAL KOOK (i mean charger) seeing as he's what 5-6hrs away. I may live inland (by Florida standards) but I still make it to the water on a weekly basis, as a matter of fact, I tend to get 2-3 days per week in, so the way I see it, it's called dedication, not being a kook. I use to make excuses all the time for why I couldn't make the trip over, but these days it's different, and I have realized the error of my ways. Only thing that kept me from the water was ME, nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    yeah, a 5 year old and a 7 month old don't really lend too well to making day trips considering the 5-6 hour round trip. I used to think the same way, then I moved away from the ocean and opened my eyes. If I hadn't moved I would still have this close minded view as well. I still prefer surfing to anything, but my current reality doesn't permit me to partake as much as I used to or would like.
    Tommyh, sorry I came at you like that, don't believe we've never spoken before, so it was a bit out of line. My comment was really just to bust some balls, but I realize how it may have come across from someone you don't know. You are 5-6hrs inland, that sux, sorry you can't get to the coast as often as you'd like. I'm sure things will change, but I just thought I'd throw it out there, that kids / family should never keep a man from doing what he loves the most.

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    Seriously, you can smell the Kook through the LCD. >>>>DawnPatrolSUP<<<<< the name says it all, especially when you add in the? 2.5 hour drive to the Beach? What a Joke
    Not sure what you are getting at here kid. My screenname? That's all you have, man i'm so offended. And oh man, add in 2.5hrs of driving to the beach, that's just so stupid right, i mean, why would anybody every drive that far to catch a stupid wave? At least I'm actually surfing regularly, yeah, that's such a joke!