Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime L View Post
    Best thing about being a surfer in DC is Dulles. Learn it, Use it, live it.

Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP
    Never understood this mentality, either you love surfing or you don't. Don't use family as an excuse to NOT drive an hour or two to the beach. Why not bring the family along? Why not try to instill the same stoke in
    your kids as you have... oh wait....

Wait til Dawn Patrol is in PR for his honeymoon. The one swell he gets will come at the same time as when his new bride wants to have some quality time.... You jinxed yourself gringo...
    HAHA, yeah it would be my luck huh? Only my soon to be wife is the one who booked this trip and is totally on board. We'll be there for an entire week, and she knows out of that I'll be surfing at least 3, maybe 4 of those mornings / afternoons. No issues here "gringo", and there will still be plenty of "quality time", I don't plan on surfing ALL day every day, just some of it. It's all about setting expectations and compromise, something we seem to do well with when it comes to these things, hence why we are getting married (amongst many other reasons), and she's a big reason i'm able to get in the water so much.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Oct 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

tommyh, you rock, man...thanks again for all the helpful info on my CR trip a couple years ago. Hope you get back close to the ocean someday.. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Before we had kids, I moved my wife from her native San Diego to Texas (poor woman). It was great for both of our careers and we made a lot of life long friends, but it required a ton of sacrifice emotionally on her part and not surfing all the time took a pretty hefty physical toll on me. She was never really down, but it needed to happen and I convinced her by offering her this compromise: if after 3-5 years of living here, you don't like it, I'll take you home. And, that's what happened.

Maybe something like that would work for you?
    sounds plausible...and to who said about expenses. Also, with the ot and sd it would come out just above 50k. I'm just looking to rent too, not buy a house. worse comes to worse i could get a part time job. My sister lives in OC, I'll get the full scoop.
    Last edited by super fish; Oct 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    HAHA, yeah it would be my luck huh? Only my soon to be wife is the one who booked this trip and is totally on board. We'll be there for an entire week, and she knows out of that I'll be surfing at least 3, maybe 4 of those mornings / afternoons. No issues here "gringo", and there will still be plenty of "quality time", I don't plan on surfing ALL day every day, just some of it. It's all about setting expectations and compromise, something we seem to do well with when it comes to these things, hence why we are getting married (amongst many other reasons), and she's a big reason i'm able to get in the water so much.
    OK I may have gotten you mixed up with my surf trips with women.... Don't go by that....

Kid Rock-
    Damn glad to see you posting today. I saw a couple of your brothers went down - was hoping it wasn't you.
    Did you ever decide where to take the wife for her birthday?
    Jimi

Images
    No doubt, 2.5 hours to Ocean City, 4 hours to el Salvador

Yeah I've been doing it for two years now. Really isn't a bad trip especially in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If you don't like living in DC, leave. DC is a great city and there are a lot of surfers who enjoy living here and will make the drive surf on a moments notice. With that kind of attitude you have I doubt any of the guys I know would want to spend 3 hours each way in a car with you.
    Just trying to be funny bud.

Super Fish, if you move to SD, you can go to SoCal's Camp Pendleton, much better version than VB's

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime L View Post
    Hahaha I hear that man. Just got back from nica last month. Seven hour trip outta DCA. Unreal