LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If you don't like living in DC, leave. DC is a great city and there are a lot of surfers who enjoy living here and will make the drive surf on a moments notice. With that kind of attitude you have I doubt any of the guys I know would want to spend 3 hours each way in a car with you.
    Just trying to be funny bud.

Super Fish, if you move to SD, you can go to SoCal's Camp Pendleton, much better version than VB's

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime L View Post
    Best thing about being a surfer in DC is Dulles. Learn it, Use it, live it.
    Hahaha I hear that man. Just got back from nica last month. Seven hour trip outta DCA. Unreal

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Super Fish, if you move to SD, you can go to SoCal's Camp Pendleton, much better version than VB's
    that's exactly where the job is located...haha. fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    that's exactly where the job is located...haha. fingers crossed.
    Dude, good luck. You'll love it out here. Oceanside gets some killer waves and if you have access to the base you get to surf the Del Mar Jetty. It's a just a quick hop the 5 to Onofre or Trestles. Carlsbad and Encintas are just a stones throw away. I really like Oceanside, it's a Military Town, so it's a little more down to earth than La Jolla, Del Mar or Encinitas. You can also still find comparitively affordable (by California standards) housing a few blocks from the beach.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Oct 3, 2012 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nothing can compare to riding waves IMO, bottom line.
    yeah, I've tried a bunch of different stuff, but none of it makes me hunger like surfing. Snowboarding deep powder is the closest, but bikes and kayaks aren't even close...imo, they're just cross-training you have to do to keep in shape for surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Kid Rock-
    Damn glad to see you posting today. I saw a couple of your brothers went down - was hoping it wasn't you.
    Did you ever decide where to take the wife for her birthday?
    Jimi
    Hey Saint, good to hear from you. Just spent my birthday chasing tubes in SD a couple of weeks ago, and am planning a trip to Cabo for the wife's b-day. Loved your advice on Nica, but the government refuses to help me pay for my kid to go to college....they say I make "too much money", LOL. Not enough bread on this go-round.

Thanks for the kind words amigo. I'm still alive and have no new holes in me. If I ever go down, I'm taking at least one out with me.

Peace and waves,

STONE

Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    Kid Rock, when were you in DC? I remember meeting a guy from California, staying in DC one epic swell in December, I think in 2004 or something. Some of the best barrels I have ever had, including over seas, still have the pictures in my head.
    tommyh, I regret that it wasn't me....I was in DC in 2009-2010. But I promise that next time out, I will shoot you a PM. You seem to be highly regarded by the Delmarva crew!!!!

Peace and olas,

STONE

Images
    Hahaha I hear that man. Just got back from nica last month. Seven hour trip outta DCA. Unreal
    7 Hours to Nica?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    7 Hours to Nica?
    Maybe more like 5ish, short layover in MIA tho, either way was in Managua early enough to get in the water in Sandino later in the day. Seriously recommend the scoot. It was cheap as hell too.