LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I feel dumber just reading this thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    I feel dumber just reading this thread. :P
    Doesn't take much for you does it

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Doesn't take much for you does it
    I think it's just your oh-so-eloquent words, sweetie.

Images
    im in the opposite situation as you turds. im in va beach and may transfer for a higher paying job in san diego...having trouble deciding with a gf of 5 years who isnt 100% on the idea

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    I think it's just your oh-so-eloquent words, sweetie.
    Nothing I said was false, it was just un-called for is all, and I admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    im in the opposite situation as you turds. im in va beach and may transfer for a higher paying job in san diego...having trouble deciding with a gf of 5 years who isnt 100% on the idea
    Best of luck with that. I personally am no a huge fan of SoCal, but I can see why most people love it. Is the gf from Hampton Roads originally? I have noticed that most of the "born and raised" folks are generally weary of moving away from the area. Personally, I couldn't leave VA Beach soon enough! It's funny how, as much as I hated surfing the inlet OVER AND OVER, I would kill to go get some waves there these days.

I know a few people who have moved out there recently for various reasons and they love it. They don't surf, but they love the area, i'm sure you GF would too. Now as far as surf goes, the choice is obvious.

The cost of living is a shocker and number one draw back, but this is a nice place to live. I dig it, not for everyone though. In my opinion, the weather and the waves can't be beat for the continental U.S.

Images
    shes from jersey originally. my base salary would be $42k plus overtime and shift differential. shes more worried about leaving her family so far behind (still has the 5 hour drive safety net here). i just think there is more potential out there. i have a degree in criminal justice/work for the govt. and she has one in public relations/currently doing a sales job.

i mean honestly she really doesnt see them that often...maybe 3 times this past year since we have moved down here. we shall see if i get the offer.

shes from jersey originally. my base salary would be $42k plus overtime and shift differential. shes more worried about leaving her family so far behind (still has the 5 hour drive safety net here). i just think there is more potential out there. i have a degree in criminal justice/work for the govt. and she has one in public relations/currently doing a sales job.

i mean honestly she really doesnt see them that often...maybe 3 times this past year since we have moved down here. we shall see if i get the offer.
    Before we had kids, I moved my wife from her native San Diego to Texas (poor woman). It was great for both of our careers and we made a lot of life long friends, but it required a ton of sacrifice emotionally on her part and not surfing all the time took a pretty hefty physical toll on me. She was never really down, but it needed to happen and I convinced her by offering her this compromise: if after 3-5 years of living here, you don't like it, I'll take you home. And, that's what happened.

Maybe something like that would work for you?