LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. I don't mind the flatness, i tore two ligaments in my shoulder surfing Leslie. I got flipped on my shoulder in a barrel and took the fall onto my shoulder right on the sandbar into about two feet of water, so I've been out of commission. I'm just glad that i don't have to hear what i missed out on anymore .

^^^efff uuu

Ya it's pretty lame to complain about not getting waves when there's been nice pockets of swell for the past couple weeks. I got out Monday here in MA and got some really nice knee to waist longboard rides. Really clean faces because of the west wind, and some beautiful shoulders. Only two other guys in the water because everyone else had that same bad attitude that there weren't gonna be waves. I'm not complaining though. Keep thinking there's no waves!

We don't call it "Rocktober" for groveling a knee to waist high wave. I think the OP has grounds to complain. Although it is only 10/3. Hopefully things heat up because if we continue with this tiny wind slop I'm going to go insane.

We had two weeks straight of hurricane swell not even a month ago. And nice log waves ever since. I don't see how anyone can complain

it may be flat but least were alive and health yfishing and kite boarding is fun

Whaaa? No Flo been shredable most days of the week for a month plus...maybe its just jersey that sucks... just kidding...or am I?

Long Island has been awful for the last 10 or so days. i understand not complaining cause we did have decent swell for a decent portion of early September; however, the summer was the worst. Come on October, give us something before we have to officially suit up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLEVY13 View Post
    Long Island has been awful for the last 10 or so days. i understand not complaining cause we did have decent swell for a decent portion of early September; however, the summer was the worst. Come on October, give us something before we have to officially suit up.
    HA Long Island awful? i was in sunday for more than 8 hours in two different sessions, no clue what your talking about bud. got in today and surfed some thigh to waist high shoulders on my fish. but have fun on land buddy I'm happy with less people in the water.
    Last edited by Eastend; Oct 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Usually the East end will get more swell then the rest of the island... Thigh high shoulders on the fish may be what you look for in October... But that's what I pray for in July... This time of year it's awful