LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Knee high "bump" isn't waves..sorry. Most places around the world call anything less than waist high more or less flat. Here you'll get 25 guys out for an ankle-knee high day. Pathetic.
    October is usually a good month for NJ. Keep your fingers crossed for waves.
    around here, the smaller it is, the more crowded it gets (sucks having your break in view of a freeway)

I don't own a longboard either. If it's only knee high, I'd just be standing/no turns, running back and forth, which doesn't appeal to me and if any bigger, turning on longboards looks stiff and ugly, imo...plus, I'd be on my shorty in waist high.

ppl are losing their minds again... cmon mama nature!! we need waves before water gets much colder

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    turning on longboards looks stiff and ugly, imo...plus, I'd be on my shorty in waist high.
    well good luck with that attitude.

Seriously people, if you live on the east coast and dont own a longboard than your missing many days of surf, even if its waist to shoulder high. I usually bring three boards with me up the street (yes 5 blocks mofos) and use whichever one the waves call for i use. If your a well traveled surfer, chances are your going to use a log most of the year on the jersey/ny coast unless you have very strong winter or hurricane surf battering the shore. Unless you keep beliveing that someday youll be kelly slater or cracking the minors aka ESA, your ass will be sitting on the beach while most of the real surfers soak up some stoke. life is short, stay on the sand so i can get some.

Speaking of attitude, I've noticed it's a lot more fun to be in a lineup with longboarders than it is with shortboarders. I keep to myself mostly anyway, but if I paddle out into a group of shortboarders, most of the time no one will even acknowledge my presence, or anyone else's in the line up. When I paddle out on a longboard, people seem to go out of their way to say hello, and start up a friendly conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    Speaking of attitude, I've noticed it's a lot more fun to be in a lineup with longboarders than it is with shortboarders. I keep to myself mostly anyway, but if I paddle out into a group of shortboarders, most of the time no one will even acknowledge my presence, or anyone else's in the line up. When I paddle out on a longboard, people seem to go out of their way to say hello, and start up a friendly conversation.
    Ever been mean mugged when you say hello or what's up dude?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Ever been mean mugged when you say hello or what's up dude?
    yes, I have...lame

to be fair, longboarders or not, people sometimes don't want to be friendly with a stranger because they don't know if you can even surf. If they say hi and converse, then you end up dropping in on them and/or you just suck and are wasting the waves, then it gets awkward. I frequently talk first, but only after I've seen the person on a wave.

what sucks is when you surf in a place that's consistently shortboardable, but most everyone is out on longboards just so they can catch the wave first and out farther....again, lame

Images
    **** longboardable waves no one would even surf if thats all there was. I wanna get barreled.

Yes....PITTTTTTEEED! All day in Maryland. Cool, you can wait to get barreled. Go to the surf shops before the hurricane and tell everyone in OC how ready you are to get barreled. So, 90% time there will be one less PITTTED dude in the water.
    I enjoy time in the water doing anything and the conditions on the EC call for something floaty. One needs to have a good tool for the job to maximize water time.

Images
    This thread was started to reflect the lack of waves in the mid atlantic region. You tools commenting from Fla can shut the hell up and mind your own region. Aaaaaargh!

As far as the surf goes around here; it's been crappy. I don't wanna hear about some long boarder waxing poetic about more foam, knee high, "it's just fun to be out there", move somewhere else this is the east coast, blah blah blah. Y'all know what i'm talking about....WE NEED WAVES and they better come in the form of south swell. Please?