LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6'6"x20x2.5 Rusty Pirahna Quad....love it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    i grab my sweet potato (6'x23"x3") 99% of the time because VB waves are incredibly mushy.
    Man...you aint kidding! My wife and i have been taking fall trips to VB for almost 20 years now. Got lucky and timed this years with a 3-4 day swell about a week and a half ago. The sand bars really come and go dont they...last year about a month after Irene was really fun every spot was working and was rippable even thigh-waist high.

This year it seemed like the bars arent what they were, even at waist-stomach high the waves were mushy and hard to get into until you were right up on the inside, then tended to close out on the inside.

I might have surfed with you one morning..noticed a big dude on a white decked Firewire sweet potato..did you surf the first st. jetty one morning in some glassy leftovers while kids were doing tow-ats up the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    variety is the spice of life. Unless the waves are of consequence I grab whatever I'm feelin. Fish, the six fo, a retro, whatever, I try to spread the love. Real waves I grab the pin tail 6'6 or gasp... the step up travel board 7'2 bushman
    Agreed... variety, my go-to lately has been my McTavish, but that's what the waves are calling for right now. I'm sure i'm going to be getting a lot more time on the WRV Fish here real soon though, and then hopefully this winter i'll pick up a true shorty and get back to where I use to be, on a 6'4" thruster. Looking at picking up a custom COIL, so hopefully things go as planned.

6'2" WRV Nugget thruster set up. I love this friken thing.

I use my 9' Murray Ross (local shaper) with a mid size turbo fin up to about chest high. I have a 7s super fish for chest or bigger ( I know it's a pop out but I love it). I'm old, I've got good size quiver gathering dust in the garage because these 2 boards pretty much cover it.

6' 5" (21 1/2" 2 3/4") Tom Neilson Quad Fish. Alot of board, but was getting ready to give up on shortboarding all together when I got it about 5 yrs ago. Love the thing, but wouldn't mind adding something smaller to the mix. Spent my formative years on a 5' 8' twin fin, and still love the twin/quad set up.

Images
    5'8" x 22" x 2 5/8" Coil Megamind... Surfing 20+ years and this catches waves better than any board I've had. Goes great in thigh high mush to head high clean. Love the Coil crew.

5'9" Roberts White Diamond.

awesomeness... 5'6'' 20'' 2.5''
    Vector Foil fronts... stretch rears
    I ride it waist high and below ...so a lot in NoFlo
    IMGP0027.jpgIMGP0028.jpgIMGP0029.jpg

Images
    @ Stranded: Is Sunshine still a surfboard company or did they go the way of Canyon, Surfboards Australia, Spoiler, etc...