LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pumping

Quote Originally Posted by instantkarma View Post
    Maybe I am old, or perhaps just enjoy life. Anyday in the water doing something you enjoy is a good day. Most of my days I am surrounded by fat miserable slobs, I really enjoy my time alone surfing knee slappers. Cheers.
    I completely agree...HOWEVER I was counting 8 dudes sitting on top of one another having a paddle battle for ankle slappers. Thats what I was making fun of.

2. Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Really? You have never pumped for speed?
    yes but over pumping for speed is my problem ... as is most east coast surfers

Quote Originally Posted by instantkarma View Post
    Maybe I am old, or perhaps just enjoy life. Anyday in the water doing something you enjoy is a good day. Most of my days I am surrounded by fat miserable slobs, I really enjoy my time alone surfing knee slappers. Cheers.
    that smiley face at the end of my sentence signifies sarcasm.

Completely agree, any day in the water is better a day not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Hmmm... 2 hours in glassy small waves with a good friend isnt really fun? I surfed head high waves a week or so ago with 40 jackoffs who thought they were kelly slater but surfed like sh*t. Believe me that was much less fun.
    Word that brah!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Hmmm... 2 hours in glassy small waves with a good friend isnt really fun? I surfed head high waves a week or so ago with 40 jackoffs who thought they were kelly slater but surfed like sh*t. Believe me that was much less fun.
    lol me too! tuesday after work- 5 guys out- all friends trading waves.

Images
    ditto...tuesday and yesterday after work. A bit of lumpy waist high size tuesday, smaller but just glassy clean lines yesterday. Beautiful sunset, warm water.....trunked it both days. The flattest, widest plank ive got.

over pumping for speed can make for some fun cutbacks though if you get ahead of it enough and recognize the opportunity.