LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    What if after the premiere, some central cali kook just paddles out at Mavericks on his NSP funsshape after being so pumped by the movie, and then just gets obliterated?
    Least he or she had the stones to try. More power to 'em, I ain't paddling out there.

Images
    North Shore was epic! I enjoyed point break too, but both are period pieces. You have to look at them from 80s, and then 90s tinted glasses. Keanu can't act. He looks like he is reading from a cue card the whole movie. I think that kindve ads to the charm.

Images
    I'll probably download it and watch it.. doesn't seem great, but hey watching mavericks is cool.

I have seen the trailer, i have my opinions on all of this, i just hope im wrong and the film does Jay Moriarity and his life justice. People keep talking about the money that was thrown at this project, worst case scenario is we get some unbelievable footage of a gnarly ass wave.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy jenkins View Post
    easy War Child
    lol, that got me a good laugh!

That butt crack skim boarder made me and my son laugh for like 10 minutes. But, yea, what I really need is a crappy surf movie while it's been flat for 2 weeks. The Grant Washburn doco on Mavericks is really good though.

Look its time to make a sponger movie. It should be cast with some rich guy from newport beach. Like he will cheat on his stuffy wife with a sponger chick and live in a van with her at the wedge.Then he will rack himself on the rocks and be at the hospital and stuff. Then the girlfriend ,wife ,and richer will all live together.Then they will start a sponger shop and start a prison release program and teach ex felons to sponge. Everyone will be happy,in the sun and free. L.A. and O.C. will get married together, as one love, one life.

Quote Originally Posted by skimdog View Post
    Look its time to make a sponger movie. It should be cast with some rich guy from newport beach. Like he will cheat on his stuffy wife with a sponger chick and live in a van with her at the wedge.Then he will rack himself on the rocks and be at the hospital and stuff. Then the girlfriend ,wife ,and richer will all live together.Then they will start a sponger shop and start a prison release program and teach ex felons to sponge. Everyone will be happy,in the sun and free. L.A. and O.C. will get married together, as one love, one life.
    This is the synopsis of Sponge Attack II. Nice try.

All "hearsay" but they supposedly had really good "advisers" for the project, and the mavericks crew earned big bucks for stunts and water safety. They lost more than one hi def camera rig to outside sets.

And Gerard Butler was coked out of his mind when he thought he would get a closer look - only to get spanked and whisked to the hospital.

So if the movie is as good as the back stories - maybe it will be decent. I'm hopeful they honor Jay.

In God's Hands was f'n brutal.
    Jay M was badass......If this movie is typical Hollywood, it will piss off surfers worldwide.
    This thread is hysterical. Ryan7, that footage is all time.
    Anybody remeber "Surf Nazi's Must Die"? I hope not.