LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    So whats the verdict on this flick?Anyone check it out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    So whats the verdict on this flick?Anyone check it out yet?
    It's been flat surf here for 2 weeks.
    Flat ocean is very depressing for me.
    I'm vowing not to see it until the ocean is pumping.

I saw it. I wanted to see the waves on the big screen. The teenage love story woven into the film made me wince at times as did the training scenes, but if you can get past those aspects it was worth watching. I enjoyed the filming at steamer lane in addition to mavricks. It was cool to see some of the real original mavricks crew taking roles in the film. Also, they did justice to that horrific wipeout that he took from the lip of that wave which made it to the cover of Surfer.

I just saw it with a bunch of my surf friends over the weekend , and it was a fun time. The movie isnt painful to watch, other than watching people get mauled by the wave. (dont ever wanna do that haha) I would recommend seeing it. make a night of it and go have some fun out of the water with your friends. enjoy!

My girls and I saw it. We all thought it was pretty good. It's about Jay Moriarity the surf legend.

Images
    I enjoyed it. Freckers is right - make a night of it and have some fun.

Images
    pretty decent movie but it still has one of those scenes where the actor is paddling then it switches to a different view and a completely different wave with a stunt double haha

this movie is going to throw all the kooks in the water thinking that they will be abel to surf

9. Point Break is one of my favorite movies! How dare you lol

Images
    its about Jay M!!!