LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Burn your short boards

To all east coast surfers, burn your short boards you won't need them anymore. And while you're at it get your fish ready to burn too. Worst fall ever!

it's hysterical how people ***** & moan & cry "worst _______(fill in the season) ever!" whenever it goes flat for a little. sorry if you didn't get any last month, but september was pretty ****in' rad from where i'm sitting. i'm sure once fall really get some traction & the nor'easters start churning, october & november will be just as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it's hysterical how people ***** & moan & cry "worst _______(fill in the season) ever!" whenever it goes flat for a little. sorry if you didn't get any last month, but september was pretty ****in' rad from where i'm sitting. i'm sure once fall really get some traction & the nor'easters start churning, october & november will be just as fun.
    I usually feel the same way with everyone complaining but this year is bad. I don't even think September was great by normal fall standards in NJ. Most of the swell was easterly with closeouts and lacked size. I have to say nothing epice at all unless your someone who thinks chest high closeouts is epic. I'm sure people will come on her and say September was great but September sucked compared to past fall swells. Last years swells in September were epic (Irene was amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I usually feel the same way with everyone complaining but this year is bad. I don't even think September was great by normal fall standards in NJ. Most of the swell was easterly with closeouts and lacked size. I have to say nothing epice at all unless your someone who thinks chest high closeouts is epic. I'm sure people will come on her and say September was great but September sucked compared to past fall swells. Last years swells in September were epic (Irene was amazing).
    irene was august. let's not forget that. & this september's swells were very spot-dependent. as i said in a different thread, it wasn't epic, but it sure was fun. & after the summer's flatness, fun is just fine by me.

This is the was the worst sept I've had in a long time, good for you though. I can tell you this I only comment on swellinfo when I'm bored. When there's surf I don't have the time to make posts. Sorry that I like to surf fun waves and wish we had some.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    This is the was the worst sept I've had in a long time, good for you though. I can tell you this I only comment on swellinfo when I'm bored. When there's surf I don't have the time to make posts. Sorry that I like to surf fun waves and wish we had some.
    wow...some people are never happy! sucks that you didn't get any waves in sept...i really don't get why people are unhappy unless it's all-time or epic. if you want perfect, barreling waves all the time, the east coast is not where you should be living. an average september is ok...better than an average august or july!

[QUOTE=njsurfer42;142140]wow...some people are never happy! sucks that you didn't get any waves in sept...i really don't get why people are unhappy unless it's all-time or epic. if you want perfect, barreling waves all the time, the east coast is not where you should be living. an average september is ok...better than an average august or july![/

If sept is one of the best if not the best months for surf on the east coast, and there wasn't a head high wave in my area. I think it's ok to be a little disappointed. Now to all of you who actually got at least one "real" and fun head high wave, congratulations. I know in jersey the Mecca of all east coast surf you probably got some, but you also live in jersey. Nough said. I would love to meet you some day njsurfer42, your perspective on surf and life sound so wise!

Praying for surf so I can stop commenting on my ghay post!

wow...some people are never happy! sucks that you didn't get any waves in sept...i really don't get why people are unhappy unless it's all-time or epic. if you want perfect, barreling waves all the time, the east coast is not where you should be living. an average september is ok...better than an average august or july!
    That's not true.. I'd be happy if it were average. It's just been a well below average October so far.. So I'm unhappy. If nows not a good time to be unhappy about the waves then when can we be?? Or do we always have to be happy?

you'd think with the learned patience that comes from surfing would also come some patience with the waves. We do live on the east coast after all

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    That's not true.. I'd be happy if it were average. It's just been a well below average October so far.. So I'm unhappy. If nows not a good time to be unhappy about the waves then when can we be?? Or do we always have to be happy?
    yes, it's been flat for all of october...all 7 days of it. i'm not happy about it either, but i'm trying very hard to keep some perspective...september was fun & we had about 2 weeks worth of consistent, fun surf. i'd be thrilled if october decided to get it's ass in gear & produce some swell, but i'm trying to keep reminding myself that it's "only" been a week or so w/out waves, not 3 or 4 weeks...
    & i'm not saying anyone doesn't have the right to be unhappy, but everyone running around *****ing about how crappy the surf's been needs a dose of perspective. fall JUST started...if november rolls around & we haven't gotten any really good, bust-out-the-pintails-&-hold on-to-your-nuts type surf, then i will be right there w/ you complaining about a sub-par fall season.