LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Burn your short boards

To all east coast surfers, burn your short boards you won't need them anymore. And while you're at it get your fish ready to burn too. Worst fall ever!

it's hysterical how people ***** & moan & cry "worst _______(fill in the season) ever!" whenever it goes flat for a little. sorry if you didn't get any last month, but september was pretty ****in' rad from where i'm sitting. i'm sure once fall really get some traction & the nor'easters start churning, october & november will be just as fun.

Images
    All I know is last year by mid October I was coming on here saying how exhausted I was from surfing 5 days a week for 5 weeks straight. Needless to say I am still exhausted but it's from boredom and the treadmill at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    it's hysterical how people ***** & moan & cry "worst _______(fill in the season) ever!" whenever it goes flat for a little. sorry if you didn't get any last month, but september was pretty ****in' rad from where i'm sitting. i'm sure once fall really get some traction & the nor'easters start churning, october & november will be just as fun.
    I usually feel the same way with everyone complaining but this year is bad. I don't even think September was great by normal fall standards in NJ. Most of the swell was easterly with closeouts and lacked size. I have to say nothing epice at all unless your someone who thinks chest high closeouts is epic. I'm sure people will come on her and say September was great but September sucked compared to past fall swells. Last years swells in September were epic (Irene was amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I usually feel the same way with everyone complaining but this year is bad. I don't even think September was great by normal fall standards in NJ. Most of the swell was easterly with closeouts and lacked size. I have to say nothing epice at all unless your someone who thinks chest high closeouts is epic. I'm sure people will come on her and say September was great but September sucked compared to past fall swells. Last years swells in September were epic (Irene was amazing).
    irene was august. let's not forget that. & this september's swells were very spot-dependent. as i said in a different thread, it wasn't epic, but it sure was fun. & after the summer's flatness, fun is just fine by me.

Great September sucky October so far... short boards best for PR- ground swell and reef, love PR!!!

Images
    I've rode my short board 2-3 times in the last month, that's good in my book. Yeah I wish it had been more but anytime I can get a little ride I'm happy.

Time for some golf.

This is the was the worst sept I've had in a long time, good for you though. I can tell you this I only comment on swellinfo when I'm bored. When there's surf I don't have the time to make posts. Sorry that I like to surf fun waves and wish we had some.

Lets be real.. September was average for September. Don't get me wrong, I got my fair share, but September is supposed to be the best month of the year. If any thing it was only slightly above average.

And hopefully November is not very good. I'm going to San Diego on the 2nd week and I'll be p*ssed if Its good here too!!!!
    Last edited by idsmashh; Oct 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM.