LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Shark in NJ

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    367
    Images
    3

    Shark in NJ

    Saw a 1-2 foot black fin way out there this morning (color and size obviously an estimate due to the distance). Seemed like it was a big shark. I dont know much about sharks, any clue what it could have been? I always knew they were there, but seeing one puts things into perspective

  2. #2
    Where in jersey? A 2 foot black fin... The shark could have been very large..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    367
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Where in jersey? A 2 foot black fin... The shark could have been very large..
    Mo. Co.

    ...............................

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Saw a 1-2 foot black fin way out there this morning (color and size obviously an estimate due to the distance). Seemed like it was a big shark. I dont know much about sharks, any clue what it could have been? I always knew they were there, but seeing one puts things into perspective
    Carcharodon carcharias

  5. #5
    Sure it wasn't a dolphin? I've seen them a lot andthe fins r near black in color.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    367
    Images
    3
    definitely not a dolphin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    367
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    definitely not a dolphin
    I take this comment back based on the vid below. Didn't know dolphins swam like this.. hey at least it gave our ankle high session some excitement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE4s...e_gdata_player

  8. #8
    If i was a Great White shark i wouldn't bite you. but i'd swim right next to you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Carolina Beach , NC
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Saw a 1-2 foot black fin way out there this morning (color and size obviously an estimate due to the distance). Seemed like it was a big shark. I dont know much about sharks, any clue what it could have been? I always knew they were there, but seeing one puts things into perspective
    Well, that is a big fin. If it was a big shark as thought, you probably would have noticed the tail fin as well, especially if the fin was 1-2 feet out of the water!! If you saw the fin that high up and had a good look, but didn't see the tail fin, then it most likely was not a shark.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by respecttheocean View Post
    Well, that is a big fin. If it was a big shark as thought, you probably would have noticed the tail fin as well, especially if the fin was 1-2 feet out of the water!! If you saw the fin that high up and had a good look, but didn't see the tail fin, then it most likely was not a shark.
    +1 Respect the tail fin. Respect.