Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I agree - You feel you were in the right. Why seek validation here?

demos is a pain in the ass

I surf with a machine gun and machete for the little punks!

Images
    i usually just yell hey with a very loud deep stern voice which startles everyone. works well

Images
    as much as I hate longboards, that looked like a very small/mushy longboard only wave to me. imo, shortboards shouldn't have even been out there, so he kinda deserved a reprimand of some sort for both shortboarding such a **** wave and dropping in on u.

I heard you yell, but it looks like you could've also gone around him. Afterward, verbally reprimanded him while splashing water in his face might've done the same as a tackle...then, if he insisted on still f*king with you, move on to the next step

hey Mfitz73 i burn kooks like you all the time. i dont care if someone is having the best ride of their life..if i see a wave i want im on it regardless. and i wish some wimp like you would try to vibe me cause id put you in your place like i do all the others

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    you reached down and grabbed his rail, and lifted him up and out the back of the wave.
    I agree- this is the best way to get someone off the wave- micky dora style... plus no injury and they feel stupid for even trying to drop in... and your not physically hurting someone. I did this to a kelly slater stunt double a few weeks ago.... worked like a charm...

Funny Video!!! lol happy you caught it on your gopro, i hope the kid sees it- hopefully he learned his lesson... mfitz- good move lol and its good no one got hurt... like everyone is raving about... in reality- IF YOUR GOING TO DROP IN ON SOMEONE- your HIGHER your own chances of getting hurt by colliding- thats one of the main reasons why you don't do it- your putting yourself and others at danger. Specially like this- when its not an accidental drop in. If you don't understand that, you will learn the hard way- one time youll drop in on someone and end up with a skeg down the back of your leg...
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Oct 9, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Doesn't pay to get upset over a 2' wave, if the kid keeps doing it well that's another kettel of fish.
    And it's never a good idea to film it just in case the cops get involved, that way it's just a case of he said grom said.

So yes you were wrong.

Images
    Everyone always talks about these incidents, but you actually have footage!
    Thats awesome...
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Oct 9, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

Assault? Please, folks. I can't believe people are using that word. I'm dumbfounded.

All the people arguing that he somehow could have hurt the kid, but I saw the move as one that actually could have prevented one of them from getting hit with a board and injured. The thing that clinched it for me is that he clearly was calling the kid off the wave.