LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Perhaps, but thankfully everyone walked away and left the cops out of it.

So the original question...Are you wrong ? You've already justified your actions on many levels. Why ask us ?

I agree - You feel you were in the right. Why seek validation here?

demos is a pain in the ass

I surf with a machine gun and machete for the little punks!

Images
    i usually just yell hey with a very loud deep stern voice which startles everyone. works well

as much as I hate longboards, that looked like a very small/mushy longboard only wave to me. imo, shortboards shouldn't have even been out there, so he kinda deserved a reprimand of some sort for both shortboarding such a **** wave and dropping in on u.

I heard you yell, but it looks like you could've also gone around him. Afterward, verbally reprimanded him while splashing water in his face might've done the same as a tackle...then, if he insisted on still f*king with you, move on to the next step

hey Mfitz73 i burn kooks like you all the time. i dont care if someone is having the best ride of their life..if i see a wave i want im on it regardless. and i wish some wimp like you would try to vibe me cause id put you in your place like i do all the others

Fitzy, I watched your vid and I gotta ask you one question, have you ever broken a collar bone? I've broken both mine, the left one twice. How's about torn your shoulder? I haven't thank G-d, cause that usually puts you out of the water for 6 months to a year. I spent New Year' eve in the ER (old martial arts injury, torn meniscus, knotted itself up while i was duck diving) and didn't get back in the water until mid-February and then I was belly riding for the next four weeks, limiting myself to one or two, maybe 3 pop ups a days cause of knee surgery. Back in '03 I spent the summer paddling on a cracked rib cause some clown dropped in on me at Crystal Pier. What if you'd gotten hurt doing something, which whether justified or not, was kind of dumb? Would it have been worth it? Screw the kid right now, he was in the wrong n that's obvious. What if right now you were trying to explain to the Mrs that the trip to the emergency room and the reason you wouldn't be raking any leaves was cause some punk cut you off in the line up and it was time to teach him a lesson?

Me, I would've pivoted hard off that back fin right under that dude then up on the face and given him a shower. Laughing the whole time.

Iget pretty beat up surfing. I beat the crap out of my boards, I treat my body the same way. Fast as I can go and foch pulling out. Surfing is dangerous. So's football. I've gotten pretty badly hurt playing both. Why try to combine the two? When I'm surfing, if it doesn't involve riding a wave, at which point I have 0 concern for my physical safety, I try to minimize risk. Next time just crouch low and push him off the wave, way more embarrassing.

Kooks abound, dudes abide.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    you reached down and grabbed his rail, and lifted him up and out the back of the wave.
    I agree- this is the best way to get someone off the wave- micky dora style... plus no injury and they feel stupid for even trying to drop in... and your not physically hurting someone. I did this to a kelly slater stunt double a few weeks ago.... worked like a charm...

Funny Video!!! lol happy you caught it on your gopro, i hope the kid sees it- hopefully he learned his lesson... mfitz- good move lol and its good no one got hurt... like everyone is raving about... in reality- IF YOUR GOING TO DROP IN ON SOMEONE- your HIGHER your own chances of getting hurt by colliding- thats one of the main reasons why you don't do it- your putting yourself and others at danger. Specially like this- when its not an accidental drop in. If you don't understand that, you will learn the hard way- one time youll drop in on someone and end up with a skeg down the back of your leg...
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Oct 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Doesn't pay to get upset over a 2' wave, if the kid keeps doing it well that's another kettel of fish.
    And it's never a good idea to film it just in case the cops get involved, that way it's just a case of he said grom said.

So yes you were wrong.