LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Over the years ive gotten pretty good at just crouching and shoving their rail right up and out of the wave without really breaking my line or falling.
    Isn't this move fun?! The look of shock on their faces is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by GrEgApHeR View Post
    Assuming you're being sarcastic - you've made me laugh! If you're not, then clearly the high line may not be the high road!
    totally serious. you'll find it's tough to drop in on someone when they're screaming like a banshee down the line right on top of you. this technique is especially effective on groms, kooks and girls.

nice. next time try shooting your board at the back of his head. now THAT would make for good you-tube!

Images
    Looked legal to me. No penalty on that hit!

You were so wrong its embarassing.

The whole point of the whole don't drop in on people thing is so no one gets hurt, boards don't get damaged and because it makes things run more smoothly so everyone can keep on keepin on with their lives. If you tackle someone off their board that completely contradicts the whole reason why you were mad. When people do things like this because they feel they were wronged and they were "entitled" to do it it makes me very sad about the way people choose to treat one another at times. I don't care if I get dropped in on, I can't control what others do and I don't even care, I have caught my fair share of waves in the past and I know that as long as I am able I will continue to ride waves. (AKA theres always more waves brother) If I was out where you were and I saw you do that I would want nothing to do with you, I don't care who drops in on who thats part of surfing with other people, how about you try to be a little more considerate of the people around you and accept that people make mistakes.

Oh and I drop in on people from time to time for various reasons and if you pulled that crap on me I would not be too happy, not at all. Fighting solves nothing, and its definately not going to make you a better or more skilled surfer, no matter what you may have thought at the moment. There is no place for actions like this, unless its your friend and your goofing off.

Be nicer to people, and they just might be a little nicer to you, peace.

Assault my a** dude, if the law got involved you could argue you just fell on the kid.
    Not when he posts a video and makes statements that he intended to do it ... You dumb fvck .

I agree people do need to get the sand out of their vaginas ...So It was a sub 1' dribble "wave" It took a lot more effort to dive into the kid , which was MORE fvcking dangerous than just cruising around him . Relax ... If you get that angry and want to fight, go down to your local gym.... There will be several young men there willing to whip your ass , nothing personal.

As for this "pussifiction of surfing" when were surfers ever considered "bad men " ? uh ... never ... east coast surfing is dominated by middle class white guys ...OOooo... friggen scary group .
    Last edited by Henny; Oct 9, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    Not when he posts a video and makes statements that he intended to do it ... You dumb fvck .

I agree people do need to get the sand out of their vaginas ...So It was a sub 1' dribble "wave" It took a lot more effort to dive into the kid , which was MORE fvcking dangerous than just cruising around him . Relax ... If you get that angry and want to fight, go down to your local gym.... There will be several young men there willing to whip your ass , nothing personal.

As for this "pussifiction of surfing" when were surfers ever considered "bad men " ? uh ... never ... east coast surfing is dominated by middle class white guys ...OOooo... friggen scary group .
    Henny.... What about warchild? You do know who warchild is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    You were so wrong its embarassing.

The whole point of the whole don't drop in on people thing is so no one gets hurt, boards don't get damaged and because it makes things run more smoothly so everyone can keep on keepin on with their lives. If you tackle someone off their board that completely contradicts the whole reason why you were mad. When people do things like this because they feel they were wronged and they were "entitled" to do it it makes me very sad about the way people choose to treat one another at times. I don't care if I get dropped in on, I can't control what others do and I don't even care, I have caught my fair share of waves in the past and I know that as long as I am able I will continue to ride waves. (AKA theres always more waves brother) If I was out where you were and I saw you do that I would want nothing to do with you, I don't care who drops in on who thats part of surfing with other people, how about you try to be a little more considerate of the people around you and accept that people make mistakes.

Oh and I drop in on people from time to time for various reasons and if you pulled that crap on me I would not be too happy, not at all. Fighting solves nothing, and its definately not going to make you a better or more skilled surfer, no matter what you may have thought at the moment. There is no place for actions like this, unless its your friend and your goofing off.

Be nicer to people, and they just might be a little nicer to you, peace.
    This...wish more people would be adults and just follow etiquette.

A good sense of humor goes a long way when learning surf etiquette...for example
    http://youtu.be/x9Gwxrztq7I

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this...

But I like the concept of "pussification of surfing"... I think, at some level, it has validity. Maybe a good topic for a new thread...