Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 170
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crystal Coast,N.C.
    Posts
    407
    Images
    24
    Looked legal to me. No penalty on that hit!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Old Jersey
    Posts
    2,257
    You were so wrong its embarassing.

    The whole point of the whole don't drop in on people thing is so no one gets hurt, boards don't get damaged and because it makes things run more smoothly so everyone can keep on keepin on with their lives. If you tackle someone off their board that completely contradicts the whole reason why you were mad. When people do things like this because they feel they were wronged and they were "entitled" to do it it makes me very sad about the way people choose to treat one another at times. I don't care if I get dropped in on, I can't control what others do and I don't even care, I have caught my fair share of waves in the past and I know that as long as I am able I will continue to ride waves. (AKA theres always more waves brother) If I was out where you were and I saw you do that I would want nothing to do with you, I don't care who drops in on who thats part of surfing with other people, how about you try to be a little more considerate of the people around you and accept that people make mistakes.

    Oh and I drop in on people from time to time for various reasons and if you pulled that crap on me I would not be too happy, not at all. Fighting solves nothing, and its definately not going to make you a better or more skilled surfer, no matter what you may have thought at the moment. There is no place for actions like this, unless its your friend and your goofing off.

    Be nicer to people, and they just might be a little nicer to you, peace.

  3. #83
    Assault my a** dude, if the law got involved you could argue you just fell on the kid.
    Not when he posts a video and makes statements that he intended to do it ... You dumb fvck .

    I agree people do need to get the sand out of their vaginas ...So It was a sub 1' dribble "wave" It took a lot more effort to dive into the kid , which was MORE fvcking dangerous than just cruising around him . Relax ... If you get that angry and want to fight, go down to your local gym.... There will be several young men there willing to whip your ass , nothing personal.

    As for this "pussifiction of surfing" when were surfers ever considered "bad men " ? uh ... never ... east coast surfing is dominated by middle class white guys ...OOooo... friggen scary group .
    Last edited by Henny; Oct 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    Not when he posts a video and makes statements that he intended to do it ... You dumb fvck .

    I agree people do need to get the sand out of their vaginas ...So It was a sub 1' dribble "wave" It took a lot more effort to dive into the kid , which was MORE fvcking dangerous than just cruising around him . Relax ... If you get that angry and want to fight, go down to your local gym.... There will be several young men there willing to whip your ass , nothing personal.

    As for this "pussifiction of surfing" when were surfers ever considered "bad men " ? uh ... never ... east coast surfing is dominated by middle class white guys ...OOooo... friggen scary group .
    Henny.... What about warchild? You do know who warchild is, right?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    You were so wrong its embarassing.

    The whole point of the whole don't drop in on people thing is so no one gets hurt, boards don't get damaged and because it makes things run more smoothly so everyone can keep on keepin on with their lives. If you tackle someone off their board that completely contradicts the whole reason why you were mad. When people do things like this because they feel they were wronged and they were "entitled" to do it it makes me very sad about the way people choose to treat one another at times. I don't care if I get dropped in on, I can't control what others do and I don't even care, I have caught my fair share of waves in the past and I know that as long as I am able I will continue to ride waves. (AKA theres always more waves brother) If I was out where you were and I saw you do that I would want nothing to do with you, I don't care who drops in on who thats part of surfing with other people, how about you try to be a little more considerate of the people around you and accept that people make mistakes.

    Oh and I drop in on people from time to time for various reasons and if you pulled that crap on me I would not be too happy, not at all. Fighting solves nothing, and its definately not going to make you a better or more skilled surfer, no matter what you may have thought at the moment. There is no place for actions like this, unless its your friend and your goofing off.

    Be nicer to people, and they just might be a little nicer to you, peace.
    This...wish more people would be adults and just follow etiquette.

  6. #86
    A good sense of humor goes a long way when learning surf etiquette...for example
    http://youtu.be/x9Gwxrztq7I

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    As for this "pussifiction of surfing" when were surfers ever considered "bad men " ? uh ... never ... east coast surfing is dominated by middle class white guys ...OOooo... friggen scary group .
    I'm not sure what to make of this...

    But I like the concept of "pussification of surfing"... I think, at some level, it has validity. Maybe a good topic for a new thread...

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Turrtle View Post
    wish more people would be adults and just follow etiquette.
    Nobody can argue with that, brother!

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    You were so wrong its embarassing.

    The whole point of the whole don't drop in on people thing is so no one gets hurt, boards don't get damaged and because it makes things run more smoothly so everyone can keep on keepin on with their lives. If you tackle someone off their board that completely contradicts the whole reason why you were mad. When people do things like this because they feel they were wronged and they were "entitled" to do it it makes me very sad about the way people choose to treat one another at times. I don't care if I get dropped in on, I can't control what others do and I don't even care, I have caught my fair share of waves in the past and I know that as long as I am able I will continue to ride waves. (AKA theres always more waves brother) If I was out where you were and I saw you do that I would want nothing to do with you, I don't care who drops in on who thats part of surfing with other people, how about you try to be a little more considerate of the people around you and accept that people make mistakes.

    Oh and I drop in on people from time to time for various reasons and if you pulled that crap on me I would not be too happy, not at all. Fighting solves nothing, and its definately not going to make you a better or more skilled surfer, no matter what you may have thought at the moment. There is no place for actions like this, unless its your friend and your goofing off.

    Be nicer to people, and they just might be a little nicer to you, peace.
    +1. Brings to mind that thing they mention in kindergarten about what two 'wrongs' don't add up to, no?

    Yeah the guy was wrong to drop in on you, and you were wrong to tackle him. And if he was repeatedly dropping in on people, well yeah he's a **** and/or a kook. Give him some words. If he doesn't get the picture then, do you really think he's gonna get the picture if you lay your hands on him?

    No offense man, but it's kinda funny that you willfully departed from the wave when the whole point is to be on the wave.

    Last week i got kooked by a guy twice, who dropped in when it wasn't his turn, f'd up his popup, and lost control of his board (both times). First time, his board nearly hit me, I gave him the stank eye when I got back to the lineup (though it might not have worked cause....). The second time, his board's fin sliced my shin a little while I was up. After that one, I sternly, but calmly, told him to please control his board/not drop in. He was super apologetic and chill about it.

    Fortunately for me, I only came across people always used the verbal approach (and most were fairly polite too) when I was a kook (admittedly I still kind of am), and everything was chill.

    So if we all just take it easy and control our initial emotion/temper/reaction, all will be good.
    Last edited by shablagoo; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:30 AM.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Nobody can argue with that, brother!
    I can, JCrew. No matter how much we may wish otherwise, kids are not going to be or act like adults. And if you really are a school principal as someone mentioned and you think fitz was justified in taking that kid out, what do you think would happen to you and your illustrious career if you pulled that stunt on one of your students?