LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    the OP needs to re read his OP.
    you asked a group for their opinions on a topic using yourself as an example. did you expext everyone to pat you on the back?
    Yeah... but Peajay, they are altering the scenario to fit the response. I should have made it clearer. this is a serial DI artist. Everyone all of a sudden has a 10 yo son who just started surfing and are getting carried away.
    I mean, I could easily turn this into their thread about how much they sound like p#ssies coming to see me cause in their head it was their kid who was doing nothing wrong.

The opinions I was after were about how to handle/confront/ address the issue. Not the make believe situation that they created in their own heads.

Yeah, I also have to agree with Peajay, I mean, we all know how this firing range works. If you put yourself out there in the slightest bit, you're getting shot! I can't fault parents for being protective over their children, but they don't want others to discipline their kids. Hell, if my kid was out there acting up and someone set them in their place, then lesson learned. I better shut up now before I get shot! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Yeah... but Peajay, they are altering the scenario to fit the response. I should have made it clearer. this is a serial DI artist. Everyone all of a sudden has a 10 yo son who just started surfing and are getting carried away.
    I mean, I could easily turn this into their thread about how much they sound like p#ssies coming to see me cause in their head it was their kid who was doing nothing wrong.

The opinions I was after were about how to handle/confront/ address the issue. Not the make believe situation that they created in their own heads.
    you're getting the opinions you were after. along with some ridiculousness you should ignore.

cut the chaff from the wheat.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Oct 11, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Hey you're right.... I apolgize for the knocking your teeth out thing. Read it back and it came out different then it sounded in my head.
    do I think you should you should have dove into the kid? No... But I understand your frustration with a little punk showing blatant disrespect... I did also say I'd smack my kid for being a punk...

Images
    OK, 16 pages... I'll chime in. Especially because this is about to be a "meet me at my break" type thread and I love those.

My only issue with your attempt at the people's elbow was that it was your first ride of the day. That makes it sound pretty premeditated and your defense lately that these kids always do this backs that up. The "sweet, delicate, cherubic" kid's actions also held up your claim that they're always cutting people off. So I wouldn't have had any issues with the elbow drop and I still don't.

It's all about semantics, had you said this was your second wave of the day and he cut you off twice I'm sure the nanny state surfers association (NSSA) would have less of an issue with you.

Lastly, I'm sure all of the users of this forum are the toughest rippers with the more integrity than all the other surfers out there so any of our offspring would surely do as we say, not as we do.... If you can't do that, don't get caught.

looked like his bad. waves looked pretty small he looked like he had a tiny board for knee high waves. his fault.

What's with all of the helicopter parents around here??? If it was my kid there'd be 2 questions.
    1 Was the guy that ran into you closer to the peak?
    2 Did you look toward the peak before you took off?

Kid either lies or tells the truth. Either way my response would be "Better pay attention next time. You could get hurt or VIBED BIG TIME. Move along, nothing else to see here."

My dad would've laughed at me if I was expecting him to go all soccer dad on someone because I did something dumb and got vibed for it. Are you guys the same ones that b1tch at teachers when they dare tell you that your super special kid is being a pain in the azz at school. "How dare somebody tell me my kid isn't the perfect angel! I'm gonna bash someone's teeth in. That'll show them not to mess with my clan." WTF Were you raised in the ghetto?

With all of the talk about the pussification of surfing, maybe some of the gung ho, knuckle dragging, parents should go look in the mirror for a clear picture of the root of the problem.

Taking out a kid half your age for a 2 foot mushburger is pretty impressive, Post up the video when you get a real wave or when you take out an adult.

I'm vibeing this thread... BIG TIME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ukec...-shows&list=SL

watch the 1st 30 seconds,thats how a real surfer handles a drop in!