LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    What's with all of the helicopter parents around here??? If it was my kid there'd be 2 questions.
    1 Was the guy that ran into you closer to the peak?
    2 Did you look toward the peak before you took off?

Kid either lies or tells the truth. Either way my response would be "Better pay attention next time. You could get hurt or VIBED BIG TIME. Move along, nothing else to see here."

My dad would've laughed at me if I was expecting him to go all soccer dad on someone because I did something dumb and got vibed for it. Are you guys the same ones that b1tch at teachers when they dare tell you that your super special kid is being a pain in the azz at school. "How dare somebody tell me my kid isn't the perfect angel! I'm gonna bash someone's teeth in. That'll show them not to mess with my clan." WTF Were you raised in the ghetto?

With all of the talk about the pussification of surfing, maybe some of the gung ho, knuckle dragging, parents should go look in the mirror for a clear picture of the root of the problem.
    OK Goose.. You're right... You'd be the best parent ever...
    I assume you are referring to me. I am the last person to go "soccer dad"... But if I saw a grown man tackle my kid for dropping in on him on a knee high wave (note- not causing him any danger because it was KNEE high) I would have an issue with that... Did I say something stupid about knocking teeth out? Yes. That was stupid...And I apologized to Fitz for being a douche

BUT.. The original question of this post was. "Am I wrong for taking this KID out?"... The answer is YES. He is a boy and there was no need for it. You should be able to deal with a teenager without taking him out. That's what grown ups that were not "raised in the ghetto" do.

That kid is going kick your kook ass some day

Are you people kidding me? Surfing is about surfing, not picking fights. I don't care that "he started it". You want to fight? Join the USMC and go see real violence. It's a terrible thing, and we are very blessed to live in a country where we do not have to deal with that on a daily basis.

Sure, the kid was being a little sh!t head, but in a peaceful society we can deal with this without WWF moves. We should consider the entire ocean as our home break. Protect it, surf it, love it. Would you go to another country and do that? I doubt it. Somehow you decided you are entitled to your personal brand of satisfaction , regardless of the consequences. That's called being a bully, and it is unacceptable anywhere. It does not matter that "he started it". You sunk to his level when you responded inappropriately.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    The thread may never end, but at least it's entertaining. I wonder what the record is for the most posts in one thread on this site.
    Has this surpassed the bongs/herb thread?

Images
    It says something that the biggest threads are about bongs, baby wipes, and taking out kids, but figuring out what that is would take too much effort.

As is generally the case with these questions on these forums, I feel the answer lies somewhere in the middle of these insane extremes being taken by various posters. Was it necessary to take out the kids legs on your first wave of the day? No, probably not. Is the kid going to be okay, and maybe learn a lesson? Yup. We live in a crowded world and surf in crowded breaks. Some people just suck, both at surfing and/or at life. Don't bring yourself down to someone's level with violence, and don't eviscerate someone for falling onto someone in a pretty harmless attempt to teach some respect. I get the sense by the fact that you even posted this, Fitz, that you might realize you toed the line there, but you certainly didn't go over it, and no one got hurt.

I've taken lately to surfing isolated, sometimes variable and inconsistent waves where at least I know no one will be, to avoid what has become an increasingly volatile and aggro surf scene. When I do happen to be surfing a main break on a small day, I'll certainly let some minor breaches of etiquette slide - surfing is meant to enjoy the ocean, not to pit ourselves against one another in the pursuit of that goal...until hurricane season rolls around that is.

Lol..This is silly. Surfing has MANY risks, and getting pushed off of your board, after dropping in on someone and landing in WATER, is not that big of a deal. I've seen nasty fin cuts, people getting hit by the board so hard they had to carry them out of the water, horrendous jellyfish stings that looked like welted burns, and shark and bluefish bites. No one got hurt, and hopefully the kid learned a little lesson. Let's go check the waves. In the greater scheme of things, THAT was not even important..Later..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    It says something that the biggest threads are about bongs, baby wipes, and taking out kids, but figuring out what that is would take too much effort.
    Maybe taking out kids with baby wipes stuck in their buts while hitting the bong attached to a go pro?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    bong attached to a go pro
    Seldom, you might have just inadvertently hit on the best use yet for a go pro mount. We have the technology.

Images
    Pullin' tubes in the tube!

Imagine that with the little music set up you were talking about a few weeks back.