LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    that kid cut you off because he was like "look at this kook on a log with a go-pro when it's like 2ft, he won't make the drop, if he does, he won't make a turn. I should just go ahead and go"
    exactly.........couldn't of said it better myself

But those videos actually have good surfing. I could understand if his youtube had quality surfing videos, but it doesn't. 2 out of 3 videos are him getting dropped in on waist high waves, with tough talk descriptions. Theres a difference between goproing yourself in rockaway mush and ripping sick waves.

Dropping in is wrong, but these videos actually make me want to f*ck with this guy when he's out. I'm going to go out on limb and assume the OP is just one of those guys who sucks to surf with. After a certain age I must assume your pretty dumb, if your posting videos on the internet of mediocre surfing and talking about how you should assault people.
    Last edited by CaptObvious; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    PS definitely going to drop in on you this winter, so keep your gopro running.
    the douchebag ratio is sadly very high in the rockaways these days but there are still some locals who will check you hard so i'd be careful tough guy. new york is a big city with some hard characters so you may get way more than you're looking for. especially in the rockaways

Lol. you boys make me laugh. Assault ?? I'll be the lawyer. The long board dude, possibly saved this youngster's life by diving on him, and taking him out of the way of a speeding watercraft,. This selfless action, undertaken at great risk to my client, averted a potentially life threatening situation, where both parties could have been injured. Case dismissed.

The kid will live, and probably learned a lesson. Later...

That could fly ,,, except when you read the OP's intent to "take him out " and his own video and description of him going out of the way to hit the "kid" (we don't know how old he is) . Plus we only have one side of the story. It could be that "kid" was trying to kick out when "fitz" yelled at him... We only see him standing on top of a foam ball ,not "dropping in".

Last summer my bud popped a loud mouth in the jaw after an altercation... he ended up going to jail and getting in a pile of trouble as the guy wouldn't let it go. So my point,,, Careful with who you chop block in the day of the frivolous lawsuit.
    It's just surfing, on a nothing "wave" at that. I still say fitz could've gone around then said something. He is already justified it on every level why keep asking ?

Ok... CaptObvious, GhOstFaCe, I'll respond to you here because it clear you are the same person...
    I play by the rules. for the sake of safety and order in the lineup. I have not dropped in on someone in years... If you paddle out in any lineup looking to drop in on people you are going to put yourself and others into a situation that could easily get out of hand.
    Is that what you're all about? Guys like you are tuff behind the keyboard but there are people who surf out here that will drag you in with the rip cord around your neck to protect the others in the lineup from morons like you.
    Are you really bent out of shape because a kid got an education on not dropping in on people? You must be one of these new age kids that feel entitled to anything you want. You probably drive up to a spot in a truck your parents bought for you and think you're the first person to ever surf there and get angry when you see other people paddling out.
    If you can't handle the lineup, then get the f out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    That could fly ,,, except when you read the OP's intent to "take him out " and his own video and description of him going out of the way to hit the "kid" (we don't know how old he is) . Plus we only have one side of the story. It could be that "kid" was trying to kick out when "fitz" yelled at him... We only see him standing on top of a foam ball ,not "dropping in".

Last summer my bud popped a loud mouth in the jaw after an altercation... he ended up going to jail and getting in a pile of trouble as the guy wouldn't let it go. So my point,,, Careful with who you chop block in the day of the frivolous lawsuit.
    It's just surfing, on a nothing "wave" at that. I still say fitz could've gone around then said something. He is already justified it on every level why keep asking ?
    Henny, look this is where you have to take me at my word. I was clearly on the inside, I yelled loud enough for people on the beach to hear me, the kid looked at me, and continued on. Did some fairy hack of the lip and bam I was on him. the distortion of the lense doesnt show it but we were way closer then it looks. While my thought was to fall into him willingly, it might have happened that way even if I wanted to avoid him.... who is to say?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Henny, look this is where you have to take me at my word. I was clearly on the inside, I yelled loud enough for people on the beach to hear me, the kid looked at me, and continued on. Did some fairy hack of the lip and bam I was on him. the distortion of the lense doesnt show it but we were way closer then it looks. While my thought was to fall into him willingly, it might have happened that way even if I wanted to avoid him.... who is to say?
    You said it... read your OP .

Still, why not go around,then educate him ? Because he had to be "taught a lesson".

My bud went to jail , no go pro vid ,,, only "witness" was the guy who got popped no blood,no visible damage...

for the 5th time , you know you're right so that's all there is to say .

take care
    Last edited by Henny; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    You said it... read your OP .

My bud went to jail , no go pro vid ,,, only "witness" was the guy who got popped no blood,no visible damage...

for the 5th time , you know you're right so that's all there is to say .

take care
    Henny, Im not talking about the "legality" of it. Im talking about how you are "supposing" how the events unfolded. as far as a witness... I must have known more the half of the people in the lineup that watched the events unfold. If we go to court of it, I'd feel pretty confident that I would not be going to jail. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Okay, I know how people feel about gopro's... I on occasion will take one out... so I had one today...
    I feel like a turd having this issue with a kid, but I have to say I damn near lost my composer and chased this fcktard out of the lineup.
    So, since I had the vid, here it is for all to debate!!! lol.
    Im on the inside, paddle into the wave, see this kid dropping in and I yell to him so he knows Im coming down the line. he looks at me and keeps going. there is some distance but not much... he does some little fairy hack on the lip and bam Im on him.
    In that instant I decide to chop is legs out and I told him if he wants to drop in on people to go to another beach (which is known for lawlesslness)....
    This little **** as he's paddling back out tells me to go f off!!! lol. I mean part of me laughed but part of me wanted to kick his spaghetti armed ass into beach... which I would have been arrested for.
    Now, what happened next? he left the point and went another beach with his buddy.... but really, I follow the rules... this turd is gonna have to at some point, no?
    http://youtu.be/avPEaY8qNxM
    this would be a better thread if it wasn't so confrontational.
    the OP is asking if he was wrong in his actions.
    Fitz i think you were justified. but honestly on your first wave in rockaway mush i think you over reacted. i would of went around him and if it kept happening i would've had words with him. If you went at him harshly it probably would have gotten confrontational but it it probably would have ended there. and he wouldn't of dropped in on you anymore. sometimes youngsters just need to hear you bark.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling