LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Images
    Everyone always talks about these incidents, but you actually have footage!
    Thats awesome...
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Oct 9, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Assault? Please, folks. I can't believe people are using that word. I'm dumbfounded.

All the people arguing that he somehow could have hurt the kid, but I saw the move as one that actually could have prevented one of them from getting hit with a board and injured. The thing that clinched it for me is that he clearly was calling the kid off the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by follybeachpro View Post
    hey Mfitz73 i burn kooks like you all the time. i dont care if someone is having the best ride of their life..if i see a wave i want im on it regardless. and i wish some wimp like you would try to vibe me cause id put you in your place like i do all the others
    what would you do to me... exactly? would you VIBE me hard?

Ok thanks for all the feed back and thoughts. Im really a very mellow fellow... Don't know if I'd do it again upon digesting the feedback here.
    But being that no one was hurt... if this reduces the # of drop ins on people going foward... I'd say it was worth it... in this particular case.

A few people mentioned that they thought the wave looks like a longboarding wave... it is... but these kooky kids are litering the inside trying to catch the wave, when just 6 or so blocks down its a different break, perfect for short boards... but people insist on trying to ride a short board at this spot.

Quote Originally Posted by follybeachpro View Post
    hey Mfitz73 i burn kooks like you all the time. i dont care if someone is having the best ride of their life..if i see a wave i want im on it regardless. and i wish some wimp like you would try to vibe me cause id put you in your place like i do all the others
    is that you Kenny Powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    In Jersey...

That's not what happened here ,but you be the judge...

New Jersey Simple Assault Law
    The law concerning simple assault in NJ is contained at N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1 and provides:

a. Simple Assault. A person is guilty of assault if he:

(1) Attempts to cause or purposely, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or

(2) negligently causes bodily injury to another with a deadly weapon; or

(3) Attempts by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.

Simple Assault is a disorderly persons offense unless committed in a flight or scuffle entered into by mutual consent, in which case it is a petty disorderly persons offense.

The "rail grab" would be quite a stretch , but the "flying chop" video is pretty obvious .

This is what is wrong with the world. Here we are again, at the crossroads of the pussification of surfing. That kid isn't going to sue anyone. Move on everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Im really a very mellow fellow... Don't know if I'd do it again upon digesting the feedback here.
    You are always going to get mixed feedback, especially on this forum. There will always be someone that disagrees with you, regardless of the information that you present; no matter how righteous it may be. As some have already said, serious injuries can occur when you "burn" other surfers, kooks or not. In fact, burning a kook may be more dangerous, as they may have less control. Let the tough dudes be tough, but when it's you on the flipside, you are going to regret it. If you surfing today, catch a great one for all of us stuck at the office. Let's make it a great Tuesday.

i'd hesitate to put my hands on someone but in these situations i take the high line and run them over especially if i'm bigger or am on a bigger board. i also find screaming like an wild lunatic as you're coming down the line tends to clear out the shoulder hoppers too.

Funny video, but probably not the best of choices launching at him, but having said that, you definitely had the right of way and he ruined it. Next time i'd suggest going around him and then verbally let him know what's up, and if it happens again then take it as a direct sign of disrespect and handle accordingly. I always give people a pass on the 1st one, cause god knows we've all made mistakes and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time, but if it's intentional... well then that's where it's more about you and me and less about the wave.

yeah i dont know about jumping off your board at the kid. kinda looked like you fell on him. what about all the waves that came before the one you posted? i dont drop in on people, but when a kook longboarder is sitting way out the back catching every set wave ill definitely drop in on one.