LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Southside!

Images
    Hardy, hardy, hardy

I've been bodyboarding Southside for years nows and served plenty of time just sitting in the water until one of the local guys started letting me get sdome waves. Every year theres always someone like you Jimbo, trys to add fuel to the fire by trying to start absolute garbage with the "locals" about Southside.I'm not saying I am a local but I've earned my time. You contredict yourself in pretty much every forum on here. For example you say how the locals are the only ones who have balls to go out with "its on" and then you turn around manipulate words and bash them for no reason?And try to add onto the whole name drop thing okay, YOU blow the spot up more than anyone and thats fine but the things is, normally the people who talk about their breaks, or any waves in general, turn around and DO WORK! They capitalize on their own statements. I always see on here you talking about yeah im going out monday , its gonna be head high + blah blah blah then here comes monday and you've come down with a deadly illness. Lota talking going on. You ever wonder why NOT A SINGLE LOCAL or really anyone of that matter can see eye to eye with you? Maybe , just MAYBE you should look up the word respect and study. At the pace your going you would have to just sit out in the line up for about 5 years to let a local let you snag a wave with all this talk of yours. Hold it down in P.A.

Images
    The Cove (Dumps, etc, etc) was what most everyone called it 25-30 years ago when we rode there. No, it's not a secret, but today's information that's available is nothing like what we had even 5 years ago.

Anyone can go online & find out enough information about what & when it has the chance to break without actually putting in the time to understand it for themselves. The forums, chat rooms, pics & cell phones are another factor that adds to the equation. I use them & contact the ones I know will already be there or have a better report elsewhere when it's not. We keep in contact for pretty much every swell as do most with their core of friends.

I have seen many new faces there over the years, but now the winter month lineups are getting pretty crowded with new faces. It's getting close to where the regular riders are going to burn the new faces on the select waves/swells & feelings/emotions are going to be raised. Don't take it personal, but understand it happened to all the guys who have been riding there. I have done it to all of them I am sure @ one time or another & it happened to me when I was the new guy. It's not like most other breaks locally where you can spread out & ride pretty much the same type of wave a few blocks or so away. It is a condensed area with a limited take off zone like OC inlet, Northside @ the jetty, etc.

As far as the new faces getting pounded by others, that is not the case or sentiment of the regulars. The place itself does enough of that, just don't paddle out on a really good swell & think that you (newby) are going to get the select waves or a good set wave if the regulars are anywhere near it, regardless of who has position & it's crowded.

It doesn't get that good all that often, much less even than other local breaks, but the regular riders always check it just in case. So the chance of it being good & not being pretty packed are seriously slim. It's a unique wave for our area, so if you are new, ease into the lineup, be patient & get to know the the locals & the break.

Images
    Chill. I was never even going to go out in the first place. I was just going to go and watch you guys with my dad and my brother. Thats why I kept asking when you were going to go. Honestly I think that going there is pretty dangerous. I don't really feel life braking any of my bones. Sure call me a *****, but you guys know that a kid who has only been bodyboarding for a couple years probably shouldn't be out there. All I wanted to do was watch you guys, not clog up the lineup. I have been sick for the past two weeks so I never had any intention of going out. I think it rediculuse that you say you are going to beat someone down for watching you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    Chill. I was never even going to go out in the first place. I was just going to go and watch you guys with my dad and my brother. Thats why I kept asking when you were going to go. Honestly I think that going there is pretty dangerous. I don't really feel life braking any of my bones. Sure call me a *****, but you guys know that a kid who has only been bodyboarding for a couple years probably shouldn't be out there. All I wanted to do was watch you guys, not clog up the lineup. I have been sick for the past two weeks so I never had any intention of going out. I think it rediculuse that you say you are going to beat someone down for watching you guys.

Chuck White is the most chill guy you will ever meet. His words of wisdom are something to pay attention to and nowhere in his statements above did he have a negative vibe. As I already stated and Chuck just stated nobody said anything about beating you down. We both said the waves do that for us. We are both old enough to be your dad and speaking for myself, the last thing I want to waste my energy on is beating some kid down when he is just unwise of the ways of locals at a certain spot. I am not a local and I am happy to share and take what waves I can when out with the boys.

Next swell you should come introduce yourself. We are not going to beat you down but as Chuck stated, respect must be given to those there before you and the ones that will still be there long after you.

Here's to the next swell!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    We are both old enough to be your dad...
    It never gets easier to admit to that, especially when the "kids" are in their late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    It never gets easier to admit to that, especially when the "kids" are in their late teens.
    Oh trust me I know! Hard to believe it has been 20+ years on a sponge!

just listen to chuck and chris ... like what is all this nonsense about anyway I know mostly everybody that rides SS on a normal basis and there all great people and I always have a great time riding with them in the water, never any problems... now with all this hype about it on surfline I have never seen so many people come by to check it/paddle out and act like they own the place ... you just gotta realize that the group of people that do ride there consistently love that place and the older heads still rip it and its always fun to watch that and have the oppurtunity to surf with people like chuck, tim, joel, and many more. I thank you older heads for lettin me get mine on some select days at SS haha.. pray for surf

Images
    I didn't direct any of that statement to chuck. Thats the problem with the internet you can't fully understand what I'm saying. I don't know why you think I don't show respect. Not showing respect would have been me going into the water crowding the lineup and taking your waves, I haven't done any of that. You guys seem to think I'm some punk kid who wants trouble. If you meet me you will see your all worng. I'm actually a really quiet person, definetly not disrespectful.
    Last edited by jimbo_robinson; Feb 20, 2008 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    I didn't direct any of that statement to chuck. Thats the problem with the internet you can't fully understand what I'm saying. And about the beat down, ya you didn't say you where going to beat me down you said you were going to burry me in the sand and let the waves crash on me, big difference.
    Silly you...I said the following word for word..."Nobody was going to beat you up but I was going to film us placing you under sand up to your neck as a welcome gift to SS.

We let the wave do all the beatings there. No need for any bodyboarder to lift a hand, the wave takes care of the weak."

Regardless of all this nonsense, come introduce yourself in the future. Putting faces to screen names is always fun!