LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Lake Michigan Last Night

so my northern brethern got a great day of waves yesterday with green conditions......... Lake surfing aint so bad if ya dont mind the cold

545280_446441908731442_557512554_n.jpg

I am headed to Chicago in December and am considering renting a board if there is surf. I don't know the consistency but that would be something awesome to say I have done..... like the time I tried to surf OCMD bay sandbar close to the inlet and had the coast guard called

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    I am headed to Chicago in December and am considering renting a board if there is surf. I don't know the consistency but that would be something awesome to say I have done..... like the time I tried to surf OCMD bay sandbar close to the inlet and had the coast guard called
    Wow nice pic! looks like fun!

I just surfed the lake about a month ago for the first time, visiting there from jersey. I gotta say, its a must do! There is nothing like being able to drink a little of the water when your thirsty! lol its so weird surfing fresh water for some reason... bring your wetsuit and find a board!!!

I just surfed the lake about a month ago for the first time, visiting there from jersey. I gotta say, its a must do! There is nothing like being able to drink a little of the water when your thirsty! lol its so weird surfing fresh water for some reason... bring your wetsuit and find a board!!![/QUOTE]

Really? Is that water drinkable?

is the buoyancy different? can't be that cold there yet...

Nice pic dude, looks like fun conditions

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Really? Is that water drinkable?
    well, its fresh water! lol you would probably get sick drinking large amounts, but its not like salt water.

I didn't notice any bouyancy issues while surfing, but when swimming. I was riding a longboard too

Images
    sick man, a great lakes trip is a must do.

Images
    Great pic, glad you guys scored!

That's awesome. What are the water temps there now? How was september, I've always heard that's by far the best month on Lake Michigan