LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    I am headed to Chicago in December and am considering renting a board if there is surf. I don't know the consistency but that would be something awesome to say I have done..... like the time I tried to surf OCMD bay sandbar close to the inlet and had the coast guard called
    wouldn't doubt the above pic was taken in sheboygan, wisconsin. They're situated on a point in the middle of the lake that gets swells from all angles, plus they have an excellent jetty/wind break (not unlike manasquan or sebastian inlets).

idk, Chicago is on the south corner of the lake, so although they could possibly get a much larger fetch from the north, the swell window is extremely limited. I'm guessing ridable surf there is rare and extremely short period/junky. Depending on the length of your visit, the chances of you scoring clean is probably minimal. I haven't heard of chicago even having decent sandbar and reef setups like sheboygan....but if you're doing it just to say you did it, have at it.
    Last edited by waterbaby; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:06 PM.

Images
    looks epic (relatively speaking)! i was watching Step Into Liquid last night - they had a segment on GL surfing but it didn't look as good as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    I am headed to Chicago in December and am considering renting a board if there is surf. I don't know the consistency but that would be something awesome to say I have done..... like the time I tried to surf OCMD bay sandbar close to the inlet and had the coast guard called
    What did the coast guard do? I fish along that sandbar when I visit my parents and it sometimes looks like it would be fun on a log.

Definitely a cool pic. Hope the dude on the inside fitzed the flock out that effer who's dropping in on him...

Whoa that's sick!!!!

Images
    NICE! Thanks for the update and pic!

...just HOW cold is it; water as well as wind chill?

Living on the Gulf coast my entire life... canNOT imagine the COLD!!

Images
    Pretty sad when Lake waves are better than what we have been dealt in the Gulf lately. I'm with you though Chad, at least we're still in our board shorts!!

Saw lake surfing the first time in Step Into Liquid but they didn't look that good.

Awesome pic!! Thanks for sharing.

Did a hit and run out there back in Nov, 2009. It was small, but clean and offshore all day with air temps in the low 70s and water temp around 50F.

The buoy out on Lake M just hit over 15ft at 9 seconds the other day.

https://vimeo.com/51026616

Images
    to surf nothing but longboards would be utterly depressing. on the other hand, if i lived there, i would prolly just make do with whatever was out there, just like i do here.

Images
    sickk but so.cal is always better hah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_eZUeJ9Qzs&feature=plcp