LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Kinda off topic, but...

I remember one day surfing, years ago, on a super foggy St. Patrick's Day morning at the Big Cove on Sandy Hook... too foggy to even see the beach from the lineup. I think I was alone, but I couldn't see anyone else even if there was somebody else out. The only thing I could hear, through the thick, wet, cold air, was the sound of bagpipes. Totally surreal... When I got out I followed the sound to find this burly, bearded Irish dude... kilt and all... standing on the rocks, blowing his heart out... just letting it rip into the fog... like he was pining for home.

THAT was cool...
    This is too ridiculous to be made up. Did you say anything to him? That sounds pretty unreal, I would have been stoked!

Kinda off topic, but...

I remember one day surfing, years ago, on a super foggy St. Patrick's Day morning at the Big Cove on Sandy Hook... too foggy to even see the beach from the lineup. I think I was alone, but I couldn't see anyone else even if there was somebody else out. The only thing I could hear, through the thick, wet, cold air, was the sound of bagpipes. Totally surreal... When I got out I followed the sound to find this burly, bearded Irish dude... kilt and all... standing on the rocks, blowing his heart out... just letting it rip into the fog... like he was pining for home.

THAT was cool...
    lol. that is crazy. good thread, more sirf talk pleez. less go pro talk pleez.

Nice chest to head high lines, sunny and light offshores. But most important was the friendly vibe in the water. Plenty of stoke to go around. Makes me happy to be alive... and a surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    This is too ridiculous to be made up. Did you say anything to him? That sounds pretty unreal, I would have been stoked!
    is that an AJ Daulerio avatar?

glad to hear ya'll scored, wish i could have. So jammed up with work, been working 12 hour days all week...
    Has anybody checked out the North Shore cams this week...i want to buy a one way ticket so freakin bad!

Had a good 4 hour session in clean- offshore shoulder to head high barrels

Kinda off topic, but...

THAT was cool...
    This might be the coolest thing I have ever read on hear.

not a bad last couple of days, wednesday was definitely better.

Kinda off topic, but...

THAT was cool...
    If this is a true story then it's pretty bad ass, sounds like something out of a dream

Kinda off topic, but...

THAT was cool...
    That is awesome. Not only am I jealous of this story, I am jealous of all of you that scored the last couple of days. Doesn't get much better than clean chest high fall surf and light crowds. I could tell there was something nice rolling through while on the ferry Wednesday.