LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Going to Flagler Beach

I'm headed down there for a week in March, what can I expect surfwise, and how likely is it that I'll to get into a fight?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I'm headed down there for a week in March, what can I expect surfwise, and how likely am I to get into a fight?
    are you looking for a fight?

haha, nah man not at all, just wondering if its like that down there. never surfed in Fl before.

Images
    same question with daytona, what to expect surfwise in march....hopefully i can manage to get a few while trying to paddle through drunk spring break idiots (although i'll be 1 of them once out of the water)

Images
    hopefully, we can get some floridians to answer your crowd/localism factor question. This forum is not as active as the mid atlantic forum.

I've surfed a lot of the east florida coast. As far as crowd/localism factor, its pretty similar to most of the east coast. I like the waves in north florida better than then central florida area, because there seems to be on average a little more punch.

In general, just as with surfing anywhere new, take your time to feel the vibe when you first paddle out, be respectful, dont be a paddle master, and you shouldnt have problems.

appreciate it man, thats what I figured, just didnt know if it was one of those where you paddle out and immediately start getting hassled because they don't know you. I always try to be respectful and play it cool at someone elses break, cant really blame people if you paddle out like you own the place and they freak out on you.

Hopefully I score some waves for my spring break.

Oh yeah, and water temp wise, those guys in spring suits yet?

Images
    water temps are in the mid 60s. you can use the swellinfo buoy data map and mouse over the coastal buoys.

surfermikel Guest
    We are skinning it right now. Might be a degree or 2 colder further north (I'm down near Sebastian inlet) but you should be very warm in a spring suit.

Crowds aren't a problem unless you do something silly like paddle out to an already crowded/popular spot like the inlets or piers or you paddle out to a peak with a group of friends on it. Just go down the beach a bit and you'll be fine.

Otherwise there isn't much localism here.

Thanks alot man, much appreciated.