LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wavehouse Ocean City, MD????????????

So,

I've been talking to alot of my friends who have the desire AND means, including myself, to start such a thing and the only concern that has come up is the OFFSEASON........... bleh. So. What is everyone's take on how well/poor it would do? First off, I welcome all oppinions and look forward to everything that this thread might start.

Images
    Make one in NJ too!!! No offense but wouldn't want to travel 2 hours to MD from NJ to "ride" an artificial wave...

Images
    ive been dreaming for one of those since i was a kid. Hit one up on the Royal Carib. ship this aug. It was a bit more laid back than the 8" "black hole" in the caymans I attempted to ride. That s*** was serious, with a lip that would chew u up and spit u out like a mean toilet. Its defiantly a whole new world on one of those crazy ass machines. It think with enough effort and financial backing (and maybe a little connect w/ the mayor) you could make it happen. Even with the smaller crowds in the off season, there would be ways to keep up your revenues. But, what do i know, I'm just a college kid....

Images

Two Words: Hells Yeah!

That would be freaking awesome. Do you have any ideas how boring it can get with a week long lull in swells here in OC? I would be the first one in line, make it happen.

After living here ALL of my post graduate life, I do have an idea how boring it can get..... hence the idea..... the only place we have found enough property would be where the old "DIESEL" night club was, but they are reluctant to sell.........

Images
    that would be the ****. I would love it, I know plenty of people that would use it.

Images
    i agree the big question is if there is enough population that would use it in the off season...

I'd guess it wouldnt do too well in the off season, but maybe the summer season is enough?

i think you would do good buisness all year given the growing surfer population around here, i live about an hour from OC and i would be there all the time if you guys built it!! btw... are we talking a standing wave, or a full on japanese style ocean dome?

Talking about a standing wave such as the likes of the Wavehouse in Mission Beach, CA. After we've done the cost analysis and everything, assuming that we could get the property that we need, it unfortunately would hinge on whether or not we could acquire an alcohol license. As lame as that sounds, it would be pretty much the only way that it could possibly be profitable.

haha i dont blame you for the liquor licence, what is that like 3/4 of the profit for any buisness in OC ?? .... it might be hard to get though if your talking about drunkards dropping in on shallow standing waves hahaha.
    Last edited by epidemicepic; Feb 22, 2008 at 02:17 AM.