LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    One of LA's former teammate, George Hincapie has an affidavit where he talks about how from the very beginning, their team lost and they were frustrated that all the competitors were using something, which triggered their eventual use to keep up. He did say that whenever somebody needed a boost, Lance was the guy they came to and he delivered.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    WB
    Posts
    85
    Images
    1
    You have to realize that he wasn't the only one doing this; almost every other cyclist was too but lance was just the guy winning everything. The way I see, all the top competitors were on a level playing field and Armstrong was just better. Plus he has donated a ton of money to cancer research, can you really be mad about that?

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I see a problem with people who cheat even if 70% of them were cheating. What about the people who follow the rules. Carry your ideals and ethics from your personal life into your sport career. This obviously shows he's a douc he bag also in his personal life. Then he uses cancer as an excuse and to make money. What a horrible excuse for a human.

    It's also funny how people measure success these days. Now go put on your gay helmet and ride your toy bike.
    Get your facts straight and do some homework. Lance does not make any money from LIVESTRONG. NONE! Is there a LIVESTRONG jet that he could use at his disposal for LIVESTRONG events? Yes (sold now.) But, he monitored carefully and there is ZERO money going into his pocket from LIVESTRONG. Liek I said, he is a sports fraud but he invested tons of money from all of his sponsors and earnings and he will be forever "well off with income." Get your facts stright barrels4liam because does not pocket LIVESTRONG dollars though he probally can beneift from them with write offs and travel expenses and seeing the world more then 1 time over with CANCER EXPO's.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    You have to realize that he wasn't the only one doing this; almost every other cyclist was too but lance was just the guy winning everything. The way I see, all the top competitors were on a level playing field
    IDK about a level playing field, not everybody takes the same amount of "juice", some may do more than others, and therefore eliminating the level playing field. Now if they all agreed to take the same amount of juice and lived up to their words, then yes it would have been level and therefore nobody would of had the unfair advantage, but we all know that's now what happened.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Daytona beach
    Posts
    52
    Images
    2
    The way I see is its all hear say from the athletes on the loosing end of the stick. Mad they never got their 15 minutes. Lets be honest do you really know any other names in cycling? I sure as hell don't. Why was he never caught in over 500 tests. Sorry not buying it. And I as well would not waste my fortune to defend myself against hear say. Show me one failed drug test and I might think otherwise.

  6. #16
    Just to correct what you said: "Lance was not winning everything. Just the most popular of all bike races from the outside looking in. Lance wasn't winning the classics, or the Olympics, or the Worlds; he went after the one race that mattered to him so that he only needed to dope when precisely needed." Cycling is the biggest sport in the world next to soccer.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dbslim View Post
    The way I see is its all hear say from the athletes on the loosing end of the stick. Mad they never got their 15 minutes. Lets be honest do you really know any other names in cycling? I sure as hell don't. Why was he never caught in over 500 tests. Sorry not buying it. And I as well would not waste my fortune to defend myself against hear say. Show me one failed drug test and I might think otherwise.
    dbslism: Learn how to read and do some homework. I was a Lance fan and stood behind him every step of the way. I even have had the chance to race against him several times; albeit he whooped me. I use to pull the old "he passed 5 million tests so he must be innocent..." in conversation. Read this and you will be enlightened: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...armstrong.html

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dbslim View Post
    The way I see is its all hear say from the athletes on the loosing end of the stick. Mad they never got their 15 minutes. Lets be honest do you really know any other names in cycling? I sure as hell don't. Why was he never caught in over 500 tests. Sorry not buying it. And I as well would not waste my fortune to defend myself against hear say. Show me one failed drug test and I might think otherwise.
    ..and, if you CAN and WILL and have the ability to read the above; there was tons of cover ups. Lance had a great story. Great stories sell. When you sell, EVERYONE can make money off of it. People do stupid **** for money. 500 tests you say? Did you know that EPO can be cleared from the system in less time than a cup of coffee? When USADA knocks on your doors and asks you to piss in the cup or take some blood, you have 4 hours to get home or to open the door. 4 hours? EPO, a.k.a. Edgar Allen Poe as what they called it in the pro peloton, is W W W A A A Y Y Y Y gone from the system. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to beat the system with a decent doc.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Get your facts straight and do some homework. Lance does not make any money from LIVESTRONG. NONE! Is there a LIVESTRONG jet that he could use at his disposal for LIVESTRONG events? Yes (sold now.) But, he monitored carefully and there is ZERO money going into his pocket from LIVESTRONG. Liek I said, he is a sports fraud but he invested tons of money from all of his sponsors and earnings and he will be forever "well off with income." Get your facts stright barrels4liam because does not pocket LIVESTRONG dollars though he probally can beneift from them with write offs and travel expenses and seeing the world more then 1 time over with CANCER EXPO's.
    I'm saying that he used cancer to steer people away from his test results. I never said anything about livestrong. Think of others you know with cancer. Then, how Lance said that some of his bloodworks strange results were due to cancer drugs. He was doping and obviously using cancer to cheat and benefit from it.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I see a problem with people who cheat even if 70% of them were cheating. What about the people who follow the rules. Carry your ideals and ethics from your personal life into your sport career. This obviously shows he's a douc he bag also in his personal life. Then he uses cancer as an excuse and to make money. What a horrible excuse for a human.

    It's also funny how people measure success these days. Now go put on your gay helmet and ride your toy bike.
    First what are you talking about with the "measure success these days" comment? Are you 80? Second, how is cycling gay? I guess I should probably stop running, walking and swimming too so I don't catch the gays and start frothing over Mario Lopez. To my main point, I get that he lied, and I get that he cheated. I also get that he is undeniably an incredible athlete. I appreciate that he beat stage three testicular, lung and brain cancer, and then established a charity that, as has already been pointed out in this post, has successfully helped hundreds of thousands of cancer victims and raise awareness. Lance Armstrong is a man, bottom line. He made mistakes, and clearly continues to every time he denies doping. He is great cheater, a great liar, a great athlete, and a great philanthropist. Honestly, yes I wish he would admit it, and he without question should be exposed for what he is. I don't think he's a god, a superhuman, nor did I ever think he was. You have to be pretty f**cking naive for this one event, occurring in, until recently, a fairly obscure sport, to shatter your little glass world. The only reason that people hate this guy so passionately all of a sudden is because they put him up on a pedestal, believing that because of his athletic and personal accomplishments he was incapable of wrong. I think that people who get so fired up about this stuff are really the ones tugg!ng one out at night to Jose Canseco and Lance Armstrong shrines. That's why the USADA is such a joke. The organization reminds me of a bunch of whiny little children who found our their all-knowing "stands for all that is good and pure in this world" superhero has been taking late-night Zumba classes in Kennebunk, ME. Their worlds are crushed and they hate the man who told them Santa Clause isn't real. Grow up. USADA should release the evidence they have against the guy, all at once, let the world digest the info and proceed accordingly rather than running around all excited like a 13 year old girl who can't wait to tattle on the popular pretty girl for copying someone's homework (and wasting taxpayer money). Expose the truth, wipe his cycling victories from the record, and move the hell on. Let him continue doing the charity work, which most logical people can agree, is not a waste of time and is not an "excuse to make money" and maybe even admit he doped and lied. What good can come at this point from dragging this affair on and penalizing every organization he's associated with, including a cancer victim charity? USADA and the media need to get it over with, move on, and get back to focusing on real issues affecting more people.