LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I like orange juice.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    Amen brother! Cheating is cheating and the big fish deserves to fry!

Yeah but you're not making millions getting paid by Nike and you're not having relations with famous female singers.

here's a good article by his former mechanic. It kind of shows what type of person Lance is. I was a fan in the past but not any more. How the hell does he expect everyone to believe him when just about everyone that he has ever ridden or worked with has said he used PED. They were tired of covering up for his lies.

My Life With Lance Armstrong - http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

Images
    Glad I don't see that in surfing....Slater is just that good and watching all the pros makes you appreciate what a human can actually do! Besides, doesn't matter how many drugs or steroids you take...mother nature will always kick your ass. Much respect to the watermen that take on Jaws, Mavericks, or Todos. The rest of the sports world should take a look at how pro surfers do it.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Glad I don't see that in surfing....Slater is just that good and watching all the pros makes you appreciate what a human can actually do! Besides, doesn't matter how many drugs or steroids you take...mother nature will always kick your ass. Much respect to the watermen that take on Jaws, Mavericks, or Todos. The rest of the sports world should take a look at how pro surfers do it.
    Just playing Devil's advocate, but who's to say Pro Surfers don't use PEDs? There's a great video on the Surfer Mag site about the "Momentum Generation". Someone in my fam signs me up for Surfer every Xmas and the mag stuffs my in box full of emails full of vids and pics and what not. Entertaining stuff. One of 'em was this one: http://www.surfermag.com/videos/momentum-reunion/

One of the things that struck me about the video; whether it is genetic, just a harder work ethic or some other contributing factor, Slater has a lot more muscle mass than all of those other cats. They’re all about the same age too.

I hear tell there’s a lot of money in Pro-Surfing. Where there’s money to be made, there’s someone trying to get an edge on making it.

In other biking news:

Check out the winning run at the red bull rampage freeride race. You don't need no stinkin dope to win this race you need BALLS OF STEEL.

Kurt Sorges Winning Run

For the gopro lovers here's a riders view. Watch full screen.

At least water has some give when you hit it. But that whole breathing thing adds to the big wave risks. If you're out cold on a mountain the old noodle keeps your lungs going, not so at the bottom of the pacific.

the landing is in the bottom right of the pic

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate, but who's to say Pro Surfers don't use PEDs? There's a great video on the Surfer Mag site about the "Momentum Generation". Someone in my fam signs me up for Surfer every Xmas and the mag stuffs my in box full of emails full of vids and pics and what not. Entertaining stuff. One of 'em was this one: http://www.surfermag.com/videos/momentum-reunion/

One of the things that struck me about the video; whether it is genetic, just a harder work ethic or some other contributing factor, Slater has a lot more muscle mass than all of those other cats. They’re all about the same age too.

I hear tell there’s a lot of money in Pro-Surfing. Where there’s money to be made, there’s someone trying to get an edge on making it.
    Great point, I too read this article and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm not going to speculate on whether or not Slater has used PED's or any other surfer for that matter, but the guy is getting better with age it seems, and that's something you typically don't see, but then again, that could be why he's so great. I sure hope he's clean, but then again do I really care what they put in their body? I personally don't care much about the competition aspect of the sport, i'm more interested in seeing amazing waves and amazing surfers ride them, all the other stuff is just background noise to me.

Travis Tyrgat, head of USADA, is headed right after a couple of the TOP US pro surfers. Lets just say this and his case, is not about cycling. He is going to surprise the entire surf community real soon. He is cleaning up all SPORTS. He aint done because he got, big or small, a fish. There are more fish to get. Like I said before, there are not many HERO's left in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

bingo. its about to go down.

Please quote me on a name that I called you again? And, I am not hiding behind anything. My name is Steven O'Boyle. I live in Bethany Beach Delaware. I don't stand for doping. When people try to justify doping as ok or leveling of the playing field, I am coming right at you and letting you know what I think. I work with elite athletes every single day and they see my posts hear and other places. They know what I stand for. I know what illegal drugs are in many over the counter weigh proteins and I will guide many athletes (courtesy of the Knowledge of elite surfers and triathletes Kenny Savage and Jack Powell) to eat food and not supplements. If you want, stop by the "heavy break" some time so you and I can get a better understanding of each other. I will teach you a lot about dope and how to pig dog a frothy one. When we are done, we will go get on some bikes, I have plenty, and I will show you how people who don't dope can still win races. Until then please realize that I don't hide behind anyone or anything and I will never EXCEPT DOPERS or justifying of “any of the such.”