LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    What is the lightest 5/4/3

    What is the the most lightweight, warm, and DRY 5/4/3 suit on the market? I've heard the Billabong SGX Xero is supposedly the most light weight but its not very warm...

    I've tried the drylock and mutant which are warm suits but are really heavy. I know Patagonia is awesome but I'm not dishing out $600.

    Anyone have any good experiences with anything?

  2. #2
    Matuse. Also very expensive, but also extremely warm.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    What is the the most lightweight, warm, and DRY 5/4/3 suit on the market? I've heard the Billabong SGX Xero is supposedly the most light weight but its not very warm...

    I've tried the drylock and mutant which are warm suits but are really heavy. I know Patagonia is awesome but I'm not dishing out $600.

    Anyone have any good experiences with anything?
    Isurus wetsuits. Check http://www.surfisurus.com/technology...ced-materials/

    I'm on west coast but got mine from East Coast rep allhandsfire.com

    Best and lightest I've ever owned. Good luck.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    What is the the most lightweight, warm, and DRY 5/4/3 suit on the market? I've heard the Billabong SGX Xero is supposedly the most light weight but its not very warm...

    I've tried the drylock and mutant which are warm suits but are really heavy. I know Patagonia is awesome but I'm not dishing out $600.

    Anyone have any good experiences with anything?
    I have an old zipperless suit which is almost half the weight of my new flashbomb. Too bad they do not make zipperless suits anymore....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by reefscar View Post
    Isurus wetsuits. Check http://www.surfisurus.com/technology...ced-materials/

    I'm on west coast but got mine from East Coast rep allhandsfire.com

    Best and lightest I've ever owned. Good luck.

    Second on the Isurus. I have two of their suits. One is the 4/5/4 i-soldier. Lightest 5/4 I've ever worn. The best part is that they they do not absorb water so you stay light in the water. Excellent suits, PRICEY, but worth it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Burlco
    Posts
    7
    I've got the SGX Xero 4/3, and I can attest its VERY warm and flexible for its weight. The confusing thing is there are 2 different SGX suits- the Xero has really toasty furnace lining and smoothskin chest, the other (just called SGX) is a kinda light "comp"- type- dealy. Both are quality suits, though. Worth it if you can get a price on Whiskey Militia or something.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode;
    I know Patagonia is awesome but I'm not dishing out $600.
    I love how people always say that they want the best/lightest/most flexible/stretchiest suit available, but then follow that statement w/ "but I don't want to spend more than $xxx". Guess what? If you want the best of something, it's gonna cost you. Stop *****ing & be prepared to spend some coin if you want a top of the line product.

  8. #8
    HANDS DOWN: west "lotus air-o"

    Light as a feather, no water gets in with the exception of flushing if you take a real beating..warmest, lightest, and most flexible suit I've ever worn, but you get what you pay for with these things...it was 420$ but I think it's worth it up here when the waters 35 degrees

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    I love how people always say that they want the best/lightest/most flexible/stretchiest suit available, but then follow that statement w/ "but I don't want to spend more than $xxx". Guess what? If you want the best of something, it's gonna cost you. Stop *****ing & be prepared to spend some coin if you want a top of the line product.
    I certainly agree. With wetsuits you get what you pay for. Worth paying at least $400 for a wetsuit that will keep you warm in 30 degree water. I had an old xcel infini 5/4/3 that I got new for 200, it completely fell apart and I was freezing. Also very stiff and uncomfortable. Invested in a new west lotus airo for 420$ and its easily 10 times as good in every aspect. To get a quality product you have to pay the cash..not worth being frugal and getting a **** wetsuit that will make you miserably cold

  10. #10
    I'm very happy with my Bodyglove Vapor 5/4/3. Going into 3rd season with it and it's holding very well in the winter surf here in R.I. Retailed for around $399.