LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I have a regular SGX.....not the fleece lined xero and wear my 3/2 chest zip with a hooded top underneath all winter. Water in low to mid 40s and air in the teens and was good for a 3hr session before I bailed. The SGX is an excellent suit! The 5/4/3 hooded xero runs $469 at wetsuitwearhouse regular price.

Is there a lightweight, dry, warm 5/4 for around $450?
    Last edited by Brode; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Images
    Its all about the drysuits.... Wish this worked for surfing, then I'd have the excuse to buy it. Can't justify it for SUP and Kitesurfing and then have to have a 5 mil for surfing

Yeah me too

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Is there a lightweight, dry, warm 5/4 for around $450?
    Xcel Infiniti Drylock.

I pulled the trigger on a new 3/2 this weekend, and I was shocked at the price of some of the Xcel drylocks. There was a 3/2 there for almost $500. Wow... $500 for a 3/2! How warm does it have to be? I'll drop that kinda cash for a winter suit, but for a 3/2?

Quote Originally Posted by gallerysurfboards View Post
    Second on the Isurus. I have two of their suits. One is the 4/5/4 i-soldier. Lightest 5/4 I've ever worn. The best part is that they they do not absorb water so you stay light in the water. Excellent suits, PRICEY, but worth it.
    I will 3rd on the Isurus suits light,warm, fit me well.

8. The xcel drylocks arent light and they arent very durable IMO... however they are extremely warm and flexy for a good winter suit. Ive used my two winter season and although its drying out and cracking a bit, it still is warm. I used it with 4 mil gloves and 3 mil boots all winter in rhody the past two years... hopfully giving it a crack in the PNW this winter.